Data Analytics AuditorApply Job ID: R-001892 Date posted: 12/31/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Staff Data Analytics Auditor will be responsible for providing analytic support to the Internal Audit department and company. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background with the ability to communicate technical processes/issues from a business perspective. The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for detecting data/logic issues. The work performed will also include creation and maintenance of department reports and systems.
- Perform process discovery by developing process descriptions and diagrams that can be understood by non-technical audiences.
- Perform data discovery and analytics using Alteryx, Tableau, R, Excel or other data analytics tools, with direction from team members.
- Develop scheduled and automated tools.
- Collaborate and work closely with management and audit colleagues to provide analytics support for overall audit department activities.
- Complete assigned projects timely, accurately and professionally.
- Maintain professional skill level through on-going education and training activities to support company needs.
- Required: Experience developing and executing SQL queries.
- Required: Understanding of basic programming concepts.
- Ability to communicate technical material in layman’s terms, both written and verbal.
- Strong desire to seek solutions to difficult problems through sound problem solving and critical thinking.
- 1+ years minimum work experience developing data analytics routines.
- Undergraduate degree in Information Technology, Statistics, Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline.
- Preferred: Broker/Dealer Operations experience
- Preferred: Series 7 or other FINRA certifications
- Preferred: CPA, CIA, CISA or other related certifications (e.g., CFE, CFA, CISSP, etc.).
- Preferred: General understanding of financial services (e.g., Broker/Dealer or RIA).
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.