Staff Internal AuditorApply Job ID: R-010042 Date posted: 05/18/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire a Staff Internal Auditor within the Internal Audit department. This individual will be responsible for executing finance, operations, and compliance related internal audits, SOX and Operational control testing, process reviews and various ad hoc projects assigned to them. Including but not limited to the following requirements:
- Performs tests of design and operating effectiveness of key internal controls which includes the performance of walk-throughs and documenting processes, control testing, evaluation of control deficiencies and coordination with external auditors
- Performs audits of financial, operational and other business risk areas for adequate management controls, efficiency, and compliance with policies, regulations and accounting principles
- Makes recommendations for changes to streamline and improve internal control processes and department procedures
- Documents business systems/processes using narrative and/or flowcharting techniques and prepares work papers that contain adequate evidence to support audit conclusions and findings
- Performs follow up procedures on previously identified outstanding audit issues and assists in the status update reporting process
- Keeps up-to-date with the industry's best practices by initiating and attended job related training
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline•
- 2+ years of internal or external auditing experience, including SOX controls testing.
- Preferred: Pursuing or attained one applicable audit designation (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, etc.).
- Preference will be given for experience in financial services (e.g., Broker/Dealer or RIA)
- General understanding of internal control and the demonstrated ability to evaluate and determine the adequacy of controls by considering regulatory and business risks.
- Interact internally with staff, management, and occasionally senior management.
- Ability to multi-task, think independently and problem solve in a results driven team oriented environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills and demonstrated ability to present complex issues to management
- A helpful, respectful and personable approach to client and coworker interactions
- The ability to listen, empathize and respond in a timely manner
- Personal pride in delivering exceptional experiences to clients and coworkers
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.