Summer Intern, Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-003078 Date posted: 05/14/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Summer Intern, Business Development will be assisting LPL’s Sales Enablement and Operations team. The LPL’s Sales Enablement and Operations Team is part of the Business Development team at LPL, responsible for attracting and recruiting new advisors to the firm. This position will contribute to the overall quality of the new store sales experience across LPL Financial by proactively collaborating with the recruiters and management to ensure the integrity of the information they use for data-driven sales initiatives
- Ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to management
- Ability to create and modify Word documents, as well as proficiency in Excel and Power Point
- Write summaries on data trends and patterns
- Enter data into contact management tool (Salesforce)
- Understand/grasp Business Development concepts
- Strong interpersonal, communication and analytical skills
- Creativity, critical thinking, initiative and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate and work collaboratively in a fast-paced, unpredictable environment
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and deliverables, and coordinate functional initiatives
- Ability to prepare deliverables for management committees and business unit managers
Other Duties/Skill Requirements
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work within and meet tight deadlines and multitask efficiently
- Ability to function cooperatively with other departments, and understand processes within different departments
- Other duties as assigned
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.