Supervisory Principal, Central Supervision -San Diego LocationApply Job ID: R-002151 Date posted: 02/05/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is currently searching for talented and licensed compliance professionals to join its Central Supervision Unit. This position is located at our San Diego office.
The Supervisory Principal, as part of the Central Supervision Unit (CSU) within our Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) division, will be responsible for completing certain supervisory tasks on a daily basis to resolve potential sales practice concerns, and escalate matters to the appropriate persons when warranted. Great emphasis will be placed upon completing tasks according to the established Service Level Agreements and at a high level of quality.
- Making policy-based and analytical decisions in reviewing account and branch activity, including but not limited to:
- Review and approval of account documentation
- Suitability review of securities transaction via the trade blotter
- Review brokerage alerts via the OSJ Review Tool
- Review of advisory account alerts
- Review Non-Electronic Correspondence
- Ensuring that Financial Advisors are meeting the standards and requirements set by regulatory agencies and the company
- Leading investigations of questionable sales activity and work with Senior Analyst or Manager on resolution
- Keeping up to date with company and industry regulations; ability to interpret firm policies and procedures and incorporate into daily processes
Other Job Duties:
- Routinely interacts within a team environment to identify potential sales practice concerns, initiate escalations, and consult on problematic clients or branches
- Provide consultative support to clients
- Provide awareness across all BRM departments of any investigations, escalations, or emerging risks involving advisors and OSJs
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Series 7, 63 or 66, 24, 53, 4 or 9/10 required (or ability to obtain within 90 days)
- 5-7 years of related industry experience
- 2 years direct supervision experience
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations required
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio, and familiarity with BETA a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.