Supervisory Principal, Central SupervisionApply Job ID: R-012599 Date posted: 01/26/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations CA-Remote
The Supervisory Principal within Central Supervision will work with a team of fellow analysts to perform front line supervision of firm financial professionals and field OSJs in an assigned region. This position is open to remote employees or for our Fort Mill, SC or San Diego, CA locations.
The Supervisory Principal will be responsible for completing front-line supervisory tasks on a daily basis and reporting potential sales practice concerns to the Regional Supervisory Principal. Great emphasis will be placed upon completing tasks according to the established Service Level Agreements and at a high level of quality.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Review of securities transactions on the electronic trade blotter including but not limited to equities, fixed income, mutual funds, UITs, municipal securities, and 529 transactions.
- Review of account-level suitability and best interest alerts for brokerage and advisory accounts using LPL’s electronic supervisory tool suite.
- Review and approval of account documentation and correspondence.
- Analysis of transaction activity and identification of potential sales practice concerns.
- Collaboration with Regional Supervisory Principals and other business partners to escalate and resolve sales practice concerns.
Other Job Duties:
- Work within a team environment to identify potential sales practice concerns
- Provide consultative support to clients
- Provide awareness across all BRM departments of any investigations, escalations, or emerging risks involving financial professionals and OSJs
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations required
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 4+ year’s industry experience in a compliance related function
- Series 7, 63 or 66, 24, 53, 4 or 9/10 required (or ability to obtain within 90 days)
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
- Familiarity with BETA a plus
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.