Supervisory Principal, Central SupervisionApply Job ID: R-001036 Date posted: 12/04/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Supervisory Principal within Central Supervision will work with a team of fellow analysts to support the Regional Supervisory Principals located in an assigned region.
The Supervisory Principal will be responsible for completing front-line supervisory tasks on a daily basis and reporting potential sales practice concerns to the Regional Supervisory Principal. Great emphasis will be placed upon completing tasks according to the established Service Level Agreements and at a high level of quality.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Review of securities transactions on the electronic trade blotter including but not limited to equities, fixed income, mutual funds, UITs, municipal securities, and 529 transactions.
- Review of account-level suitability alerts for brokerage and advisory accounts using LPL’s electronic supervisory tool suite.
- Review and approval of account documentation and correspondence.
- Analysis of transaction activity and identification of potential sales practice concerns.
- Collaboration with Regional Supervisory Principals and other business partners to escalate and resolve sales practice concerns.
Other Job Duties:
- Work within a team environment to identify potential sales practice concerns
- Provide consultative support to clients
- Provide awareness across all BRM departments of any investigations, escalations, or emerging risks involving advisors and OSJs
- Knowledge of mutual funds, annuities, general securities, and other financial products required
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC, and State rules and regulations required
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and supervisory-based decisions
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues
- Ability to develop compliance systems and strategies for effective supervision
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- 4+ year’s industry experience in a compliance related function
- Series7, 63 or 66, 24, 53, 4 or 9/10 required (or ability to obtain within 90 days)
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio
- Familiarity with BETA a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.