Support EngineerApply Job ID: R-006666 Date posted: 08/05/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
This role will be responsible for LPL's "Appway" platform, providing application and system support. This role works from within LPL's DevOps team, which specializes in process and software deployment automation.
Essential Job Duties:
The right candidate will learn and master application and system support for LPL's "Appway" platform as the primary support person for the Appway platform.
- Provides application-troubleshooting support in test and production environments
- Develops automated processes for deployment of Appway applications
- Proactively research and recommend enhancements to improve capacity, performance and reliability
- Available on-call 24x7 for production support as required
- Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred in related field or 4+ years of equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience Linux admin skills
- 2+ years of experience Bash scripting skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with software and infrastructure engineers
- Team-oriented/ goal focused
- Ability to identify good opportunities for automation or orchestration
- DevOps experience
- Experience working with infrastructure engineers and software development teams.
- SQL coding
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.