SVP, Business Continuity PlanningApply Job ID: R-015034 Date posted: 07/21/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
SVP, Business Continuity & Recovery
The SVP, Business Continuity & Recovery is directly responsible for the strategic vision, coordination, development, evaluation, testing, and administration of Business Continuity Planning, which sustains an established, but dynamic business continuity program in support of enhanced organizational resilience for LPL Financial.
Location: San Diego or Fort Mill
- Develop, coordinate and maintain firm-wide strategies, relationships, incident command structures, comprehensive recovery plans, and procedures to ensure corporate survival, impact mitigation and exposure from major interruptions of data processing services, financial, human, reputational disruptions, and facility incidents impacting personnel.
- Acts as a liaison and consultant to external business partners as a part of a holistic approach to create resiliency and effective disaster recovery strategies and planning.
- Act as the Crisis Leader of the Emergency Operations Center activities in the event of a disaster or emergency; facilitate crises and provide effective and demonstrated crisis leadership requiring 24/7/365 on-call availability.
- Annually define and prioritize all key business functions and systems/applications, which are critical to achieve corporate business objectives.
- Oversee business continuity plans development, which requires the coordination of resources from all levels of management, areas of the company, consultants, vendors, and auditors.
- Oversee creation of detailed business recovery project plans, including studies and statistical data to assess need for backup systems and develop action plans to meet needs.
- Directly and through coordinators, develop and implement detailed operational plans for hub-sites, emergency operations center and backup recovery sites, develops and implements appropriate measures to identify risks associated with applications/business functions in the event of an incident.
- Oversee coordination of testing process for all affected applications for the firm.
- Continually coordinate and direct the analysis, formulation, approval, training, installation, testing, optimization and maintenance of recovery plans and procedures in order to assist corporate survival from major processing interruptions.
- Directly and through coordinators, develop periodic simulated disasters and reviews to assist in the validation of the recovery plans, tools, resources and documentation.
- Lead planning, developing, and establishing and control measures of the Business Continuity organization.
- Drive options for monetizing business continuity services for financial advisor clients.
- Minimum of 10-15 years in business continuity leadership and crisis leadership
- Licenses/Certifications: MBCP (Masters business continuity Professional), CBCP (Certified Business Continuity Professional) or equivalent credentials
- Strong working knowledge of IT systems and be able to identify interdependencies of business systems including but not limited to RPOs (Recovery Point Objective), RTOs (Recovery Time Objective) and interdependencies.
- Ability to develop and implement an all hazard risk assessment to efficiently and accurately identify business units that are critical to the survival of the corporation and appropriately tier recovery strategies.
- Familiarity with BCP planning tools and emergency notification systems.
- Demonstrated competence in the ability to provide tactical response and appropriate judgment during faced-paced crisis incidents in a timely manner
- Experience working with public authorities, local and state in the capacity of incident recovery
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.