SVP, Business Strategy & InnovationApply Job ID: R-020482 Date posted: 03/21/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations LA-Abbeville , GA-Albany , NY-Albany ,NM-Albuquerque
SVP, Business Strategy & Innovation
Our innovative, entrepreneurial, high-performing team is seeking a leader to drive the firm’s business strategy to explore and develop innovative ways that LPL can differentiate itself in the marketplace through the design and development of new business models and evolution of existing business models. The most qualified candidate will demonstrate a unique ability to leverage market research and data to build an innovative business case and then drive towards execution and fulfillment. This role requires an individual who possesses the ability to deliver results through a combination of individual analytical and strategic contributions and by developing and leveraging a diverse team.
- Lead the end-to-end business strategy process, from research-based concept design through business case development, assessment and prioritization, to execution and agile development.
- Develop the firm’s near-term (0-3 year) business execution strategy by: (1) assessing opportunities through feedback and research to determine client needs and competitive positioning, (2) assess opportunity viability and priority, and (3) develop and implement our commercial go-to-market approach.
- Establish and drive a client-centric strategy development model rooted in client insights, market research, and competitive intelligence.
- Partner with individual business model leaders to develop and deliver strategy maps to be used throughout the firm to understand the “north star” experience and capabilities that we are seeking to deliver to our clients.
- Determine the impact of the business strategy to LPL’s strategic plays and inform the firm’s capital allocation prioritization to execute upon the strategy maps.
- Leverage agile development method to execute upon the established business strategy by driving policy, process, and product enhancements in collaboration with cross-functional leaders.
- Build and maintain detailed competitive assessments and identify key areas for competitive advantage.
- Actively monitor and analyze emerging trends, developments and players across the industry to inform the company’s view of opportunities and approach to innovation.
- Engage with leading industry service providers to identify and cultivate potential partnership recommendations.
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities.
- A strong understanding of the independent wealth management industry, with a high level of proficiency in the RIA and independent broker-dealer marketplaces.
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment, grounded in tangible results.
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner.
- Strong gravitas and executive presence with strong oral, written and listening skills with an ability to adapt to different audiences, including senior internal leadership and influential external stakeholders.
- Proven experience managing, leading and motivating teams. The ideal candidate will have experience developing emerging leaders and transferring personal expertise to the team to create leverage in highly specialized areas.
- Team-player with a positive "can-do" attitude, with an ability to both contribute meaningfully individually and develop a motivated team of employees engendered with a results-based orientation.
- Experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute and implement strategies that you designed.
- Willingness and ability to travel, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree. MBA or relevant graduate degree preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.