SVP, Chief of StaffApply Job ID: R-022277 Date posted: 04/06/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The role of Senior Vice President as Chief of Staff for the Care Organization (SVP, Business Management) will be responsible to develop a strategy, maintain content in preparation for board-level discussions/presentations, support overall day-to-day operations, and oversight in the monitoring of organizational financials with insight into the metrics and reporting. This is a high visibility position accountable in ensuring the organization is aligned to its operating plan, innovating, and engaging its team members every day with a strong bias towards action and collaboration.
The successful candidate must possess strategic foresight, be adaptable, have deep program management and budgetary experience as well as be skilled/experienced in engaging in high-level strategic discussions with leaders, executives, and program/product managers. Additionally, the candidate must have exceptional organization, manage a small team while working as part of a larger management team and have the ability to act as a delegate for executives as needed.
- Manage and prepare influential board and program-level presentations to executive management and committees as appropriate that facilitate fact-based business cases, recommendations, and provide program updates
- Oversee and maintain responsibility for the budget and expenses of the Care Organization; partnership with Finance to develop the annual budget that supports the organization’s strategic initiatives
- Facilitate and organize management reporting in various forms including: leadership meetings, Management Committee (MC) meetings, quarterly town halls meetings, regulatory/risk review
- Coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives and department-wide deliverables including operationalizing business plans and creating/monitoring all goals/OKRs
- Develop and maintain an inventory of initiatives in which the awareness of the MD is essential
- Establish a regular cadence of metrics and reporting in support of operational and strategic goals/OKRs and vision
- Highly collaborative with experience in leading and influencing individuals, teams, leaders across lines of business, functional areas and different levels of an organization with the courage to hold peers accountable
- Act as a liaison in support of Finance, HR, PMO, and procurement activities to support the organization’s strategic initiatives\
- Bachelor’s degree in Business / Finance or other related field
- 10+ years’ experience in financial services industry, preferably for a mid to large scale firm
- Must be detail oriented and a critical thinker with strong analytical skills, including a thorough understanding of how to translate data into application and operational deliverables
- Consulting and/or operations expertise ideal with exceptional project management oversight as a proven “closer”
- Functional expertise to translate business problems to a transformational design
- Ability to meet objectives, deliver quality outcome in a high-performance environment
- Effectively communicate, both oral and written, with senior stakeholders with the ability to fully tell the story
- Good collaboration and interpersonal skills, self-motivated, willingness to take on challenges and adaptability to change
- Be a natural and confident leader who has a strong executive presence
- Strong presentation skills; ability to present and discuss business issues / strategies in a manner that establishes urgency, vision, persuades others and share understanding at all levels of the organization
- Advanced user of MS Office, Word, Excel, Power Point
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.