SVP, Client Experience, Continuous ImprovementApply Job ID: R-005713 Date posted: 01/23/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
At LPL Financial, we are currently looking to hire a Senior Vice President (SVP) of Client Experience Continuous Improvement within our National Sales and Consulting organization.
As Senior Vice President, you will be responsible for creating the firm’s strategy as it relates to execution of continuous improvement efforts and driving measurable increases in client experience. You will be expected to collaborate with senior executives across the firm and within the NSC organization to establish strategic priorities in which your team of 10-15 individuals will execute against. Success in this role will be based on your ability to: synthesize and translate client experience data and insights into manageable, pragmatic continuous improvement initiatives; connect the dots to package these insights into presentations and business cases to create alignment among senior executives; develop the execution approach behind these initiatives; and establish a common vision among the staff to optimize the holistic effectiveness of the team.
As the ideal candidate, you are someone who has demonstrated success leading high-performing teams, proven process re-engineering and optimization, and preferably in the financial services industry. The position will be based in our San Diego, CA office.
- Lead a diverse group of high performing, cross-functional teams through a shared vision and a consistent and repeatable continuous improvement framework
- Synthesize client experience data and insights into tangible, pragmatic, and actionable initiatives
- Develop and present a logic and fact-based execution strategy to create firm-wide alignment to the execution priorities; Translate the strategy to an operational execution roadmap
- Strong leader / passion for managing people
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute
- Project management expert
- 10+ years of experience in project management related roles with a broker dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team without direct reporting lines, as well as willingness to jump in and support other teams or activities regardless of description
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study; advanced degree a plus
- Minimum of 10 years related experience
- 5+ years of experience applying process re-engineering tools and techniques in the financial services industry
- Strategic mindset with a pragmatic lens and a bias towards action
- Proven experience in process re-engineering and related tools (e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, Customer Journey Mapping)
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical skills
- Is motivated by the idea of building a new continuous improvement capability to the firm
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional skills in fact base development, with the ability to synthesize and translate data into strategic story-telling
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.