SVP, CultureApply Job ID: R-006214 Date posted: 03/13/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
As the Senior Vice President of Culture, you will be responsible for the design, implementation and management of the culture transformation at LPL Financial, and lead a program team comprised of employees from all business units who have been assigned the additional duties of building a client-centric culture.
As the SVP, Culture, you will be responsible for gathering relevant information from internal and external sources to establish insights into what a culture transformation should entail, and what resources are needed for this transformation to be successful and last. This is a high visibility position where you will collaborate regularly with the chief executive officer, managing directors and executives throughout the firm. You will also have the opportunity to present to the board of directors.
As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the areas of change management, process improvement, learning delivery and leadership development.
- Act as an effective, trusted and credible advisor to executives on people, culture and organizational design, and employee-centric programs to support company purpose, mission and values
- Orchestrate strategic and operational plan development, promote a culture of high performance and continuous business process improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, and drives efficiency using a proactive and anticipatory approach resulting in an enhanced advisor experience
- Manage a balanced budget and perform senior management level activities including mentoring, coaching, strategy sessions, and conferences
- Own how LPL’s culture is ingrained in all employee systems such as performance management, rewards and recognition, learning and development, and succession planning
- Demonstrate leadership and mentor-ship for direct reports across multiple sites and others, as well as with vendors and regulators and contribute to LPL Financial goals as an employer of choice by participating, supporting and advocating for key programs
- Drive organizational change management and engagement ensuring it is reinforced for effectiveness
- Assess staff talent and provide feedback for employee development and succession planning
- Facilitate and orchestrate group level strategies and plans regarding organizational design, talent development and metrics/KPIs
- Strategic thought leader and major business partner for development of enterprise-wide or business segment culture strategy
- Establish strategic goals and objectives for the ongoing leadership of a strong culture program within LPL
- Collaborate with business unit leaders to develop a detailed, multi-year culture implementation roadmap
- Develop the business case and staffing model required to support the overall culture program
- Significant leadership skills, initiative, ability to identify tasks and develop plans, and able to identify risks that could have a material impact on the Company’s business
- Ability to work with and leverage external vendor partners, while understanding the role, value provided and when to engage with external consultants
- Understands and is able to develop and implement a framework that directly ties into the organization’s management framework and business goals
Fact Based and Analytical Decision Making:
- Execution-oriented, both strategic and tactical, utilizes ‘fact based’ decision-making; delivers repeatable, sustainable results
- Able to view and analyze data, looking for key trends, insights and themes, and hone in on that data set to inform decision making
- Proven ability and skill set to understand and leverage data and data analytics, and to make recommendations, decisions, and fact-based presentations
- Able to effectively communicate results to employees and leaders at all levels
- Passion to drive change across a multi-faceted organization
- A leader who innovates and implements ‘best practices’, and understands the important role technology increasingly plays in the Company’s businesses
- Ability to articulate issues with a balance that accurately reflects the importance and materiality of each, with candor and without exaggeration
- Able to see both opportunities for improvement, with a focus on efficiency and effectiveness
- Willingness and ability to transform the culture program as business and organizational needs evolve
- Seeks out, leverages and incorporates diverse perspectives; identifies new ways to approach a problem; an excellent listener who gathers data and feedback for consideration as an integral and key part of decision making
- Proven track record of leading successful operations’ areas including development of a team and building relationships across the organization
- 15+ years’ people leadership experience across several disciplines, including, but not limited to; human capital, process improvement, project management, and operations
- Change leadership excellence and experience to include LEAN principles and experience in integrations, offshoring, and other changes to the business model
- Experience leading and motivating a direct report and cross-functional team and influencing others outside of direct reporting relationship
- Ability to manage and lead geographically dispersed teams effectively in dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization through daily interaction with LPL Financial Advisors as well as Senior and Executive Management across LPL
- Ability to excel in a deadline driven, high-risk based environment, oversee and enforce Firm and regulatory requirements
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues; structuring and execution of analysis; development of actionable recommendations; and implementation of those recommendations
- Ability to leverage others expertise and experience in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks
- Operate in a team environment with a focus on employee satisfaction
- Self-reliant, expert problem solver, results oriented
- Holds oneself and team accountable for decisions, direction and deadlines
- Mature, credible, trustworthy and comfortable in dealing with senior executives
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.