SVP, Data and Analytics - Customer CareApply Job ID: R-012543 Date posted: 04/13/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
At LPL Financial, we are currently looking for a Senior Vice President of Data and Analytics to lead a team of extremely talented professionals and build insights, data and analytic capabilities in the Care organization. Key focus areas include strengthening the use of our data, analytics and insights as a strategic asset to drive organizational improvements and increase NPS and customer satisfaction. The individual will collaborate with various leaders to ensure strong data quality/governance policies are established at LPL. The long term goal for the team is to integrate analytics-based solutions into our firm’s DNA and the products our client’s utilize every day.
The SVP of Data and Analytics will provide leadership to team whose responsibilities include (but are not limited to) developing and operationalizing models to forecast volume (demand) and headcount (supply), data collection and digital analytics, build and maintain business scorecards and dashboard development, reporting, generate insights and drive improvements in advisor and end investor experience. This leadership position will play an integral role in defining the strategic vision and execution of insights and analytics capabilities for the Care organization.
The successful candidate will be a strong, hands-on analytics leader and creative force in the development of a comprehensive data analytic strategy to deliver an industry-leading internal and external client experience.
- Proven people leadership is critical to this role, with the demonstrated ability to influence and motivate teams, adopt a servant leader mindset, lead by example, and encourage and reward a “one team, one mission” attitude across the department.
- Create shared vision, inspire collaboration, influence key LPL leaders without authority and drive change with momentum.
- Support and educate the business and key stakeholders through the conception and deployment of industry-leading insights strategies and applied analytics capabilities.
- Adopt a consultative approach, and display leadership and business judgement to gather business requirements and providing actionable insights that deliver measurable outcomes.
- Displays both breadth and depth of knowledge regarding functional and technical issues
- Strong ability to understand data requirements, data flow, and analytic requirements needed to deliver on LPL’s business strategy
- Regularly interact with senior leaders, leveraging a leadership style and executive presence that is approachable yet effective.
- Partner and collaborate closely with the leaders across Services, Operations and Trading organizations
- While the position requires technical mastery, it also requires the strategic agility and business savvy necessary to work cross-functionally, champion ideas, marshal resources, and drive end-to-end execution.
- Manage, develop and motivate three teams within Care Organization (Performance Improvement, Data Analytics and Reporting, Information Management) to deliver relevant and actionable outcomes that directly impact strategic initiatives and key performance indicators across the firm
- Lead efforts to deepen our knowledge of advisors and their clients (drivers, gaps, and opportunities) via transaction data, digital data, qualitative feedback, flow information, etc.
- Implement a closed loop feedback system to manage the volume (calls, trades, etc.) with the capacity (headcount, digital workers, etc.) and optimize the resource utilization
- Partner closely with colleagues in other LPL organizations (Technology, MIDAS, CX team) to help build a collaborative approach to data and analytics
- Evaluate, select and manage external vendors for specific analysis projects
- Lead the effort to create complete visibility in key functional areas by developing real time dashboards and metrics
- Consult with other functional teams on metrics to track and measure the advisor experience and drive reporting standardization across the firm
- Institutionalize learnings and provide a framework for ongoing execution and measurement of all services, operations and trading organizational initiatives
- Provide thought leadership and use data as a strategic asset to drive innovation for the firm
- Create a system of shared accountability via reporting and analytics dashboards, supporting key business KPIs and distributing actionable intelligence to senior management and business partners
- Continuously research and develop new methodologies and explore the use of new tools to enhance effectiveness of the extended teams leveraging the analytics capabilities
- Share best practices on data visualization and storytelling
- Promote a data-driven culture across the firm by attracting new talent and developing existing employees who can envision and develop a roadmap for insights and analytics capabilities as well as work with delivery partners on implementation
- Advanced Degree from a top institution in Applied Sciences (Math, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science, etc.)
- Minimum 10-15 years of experience running and managing analytics teams
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a large, data-intensive, multi-line of business environment with significant complexity and scale
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in digital analytics
- Strategy and/or Strategic Consulting experience highly preferred
- Experience in the wealth and asset management industry preferred
- Experience with business intelligence platforms (e.g. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, Domo)
- Knowledge of SQL and statistical analytics packages (e.g. R, Python, SAS, SPSS, etc.)
- Have a passion around team development, coaching/mentoring and providing timely feedback; use situational leadership to manage employees through career growth and development
- Looks at problems and decisions from multiple perspectives; considers new and better ways to do things
- Ability to develop creative solutions to address business problems
- A track record of strong execution/delivery and ability to navigate ambiguity; clear focus on delivering outcomes and driving value
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to drive innovation inside the organization
- Ability to create consensus with cross-functional teams using a consultative and client-centric approach with internal stakeholders
- Leverage KPIs to understand what’s happening with the business; anticipate future consequences and trends
- Operate efficiently utilizing streamlined, documented processes and stakeholder support guidelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; speaks with candor while listening with curiosity
- Strong self and audience awareness when interacting with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional skills at building and presenting data in a format that is easily understood and digested by internal stakeholders
- Experience working with senior executives and the ability to communicate technical/complex ideas across varied audiences
- Strong vendor management skills with the ability to negotiate and manage budgets.
- Ability to manage and lead geographically dispersed teams effectively in dynamic and fast paced environment.
- Energetic, flexible and collaborative.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.