SVP, Digital Marketing & Content OperationsApply Job ID: R-008678 Date posted: 02/06/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Head of Digital Marketing and Content Operations sets the strategic vision for enterprise initiatives across multiple platforms, formats, and channels to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads, and a positive client experience. The position collaborates with all areas of Marketing & Communication, as well as product management, customer care, technology, and HR to achieve outcomes. This individual is well versed in all things related to digital and content marketing and operations, channel optimization, segmentation and localization, analytics, and meaningful measurement.
The position leads the development and execution of LPL’s digital marketing and content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Redefining, implementing, measuring, and managing LPL’s digital marketing strategy
- Understanding the Martech landscape and how to leverage it to solve evolving business challenges
- Overseeing marketing and communication channels (web, social, email, digital signage, etc.) and managing a team responsible for optimizing, governing, and publishing content
- Developing process, systems, and best practices (human and tech) to support the content supply chain
- Integrating content activities within traditional marketing campaigns (B2B and B2C); mapping a continuously evolving content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, serializing business content, and determining which methods and channels perform and why
- Leading the development of content calendars for all channels with defined owners for each
- Conducting ongoing usability tests to gauge content and channel effectiveness, supervising the gathering of marketing data and analytics and making recommendations based on those results, working with owners of content to revise and measure goals
- Supervising content operators, strategists, and a matrixed team of content creators, serving as an arbiter of best practices for content in digital mediums
- Ensuring all content is on-brand and optimized for search and user experience for all channels
- Turning insights from campaign and site analytics into actionable strategies we can implement across the full spectrum of our marketing and communication activities
- Extending and scaling existing content creation processes to support new business ventures and digital marketing subscription services
Success is measured on the continual improvement of client nurturing and retention, as well as the increase in new prospects to the firm through the consistent development and deployment of quality content. Success criteria include:
- Positive brand recognition and consistency across chosen published channels
- An increase in defined customer engagement, loyalty and conversion metrics
- Website and social media traffic growth
- Social media positive sentiment metrics
- Increases in key search engine keyword rankings
- The shortening of sales/buying cycles and identification of up-sell and cross-sell opportunities
- Customer and employee affinity, satisfaction, and advocacy
- Increase in digital content completeness, quality, and velocity to audience
The role requires a combination of a marketer, operator, and publisher mindset, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first.” Specific skills required include:
Leadership and General Management Skills:
- Ability to see the big picture and execute at scale, anticipating future consequences and trends and leveraging KPIs to understand what’s happening in the environment; clear articulation of the business goal behind the strategies and tactics
- Inclusive talent manager with the ability to align teams to a common and well-articulated vision, the courage to have difficult conversations, and a propensity both for constructive coaching and positive recognition
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to develop a fact base for diagnosing and solving critical issues, a commitment to measuring effectiveness, and willingness to seek and act on feedback
- Strong operator with ability to set clear goals and direction, measured by insights and process-driven feedback loops that both demonstrate value and allow for course corrections as needed
- Excellent negotiator and mediator with strong people skills; ability to influence and gain buy-in for new and innovative concepts and visions
Subject Matter and Technical Skills:
- The ability to understand what the audience needs to know and how they want to consume it
- Experience creating and maintaining a library of content managed with a consistent taxonomy, optimized for search, and with rigorous governance
- Skill at telling a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience (an “outsider’s perspective” much like a journalist); knowledge of both long-form and real-time content creation and distribution strategies and tactics
- Fluency in web analytics tools and social media marketing and monitoring applications
- A passion for new tech tools and usage of those tools within blogs and social media
- Proven writing and editorial skills and outstanding command of the English language
- Great powers of persuasion and presentation (Visio, PowerPoint)
- Basic technical understanding of HTML, XHTML, CSS, Java, web publishing, etc.
Experience and Education Required
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, PR, or related field. MBA in marketing a plus
- ~15 years’ experience as a respected leader in multichannel content creation
- Experience creating compelling content for various demographics
- Expertise in major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Familiarity with core functionality of basic Content (CMS) and Project Management Systems
- Talent management and development experience and expertise
- Audience development and subscription strategies experience a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.