SVP, Enablement - Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-007266 Date posted: 08/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Strives to build a culture of high performance business consultants through enablement and effectiveness practices. Leading the consulting effectiveness and operations team to ensure there design, creation and adoption of tools and programs, as well as consistent rigorous measurement of key metrics to monitor individual & team performance. Additionally has ownership of all business consulting projects implemented within IAS BC from conception to implementation, working closely with IAS BC leadership, NSC enablement leaders, and cross functional leadership partners to improve advisor performance through business consulting support and engagement.
- Works closely with business intelligence and analytics organizations to create a data driven, insight rich culture for the business consultant that drives action and decisions making to help advisors.
- Works closely with NSC salesforce automation team member(s) to ensure IAS BC needs are properly communicated and considered to drive high level of tool adoption and usage.
- Leads a team of sales enablement professionals who will establish, track and monitor metrics with business consulting leaders to drive understanding of tools and programs that enable optimal performance of business consultants and relationship managers.
- Manages consulting activities and initiatives that have commonality across all of IAS BC that are inclusive of, but not exclusive of, advisor workshops, learning groups, client events, advisory board engagement and in market meetings.
- Manages entertainment budget across organization to identify cost saving opportunities, optimization of funds, establish preferred vendor relationships and manage sponsorship opportunities in line with LPL’s platform and product’s team.
- Plays role of chief of staff to IAS team owning and delivering all consulting team projects, both of advisor impacts and LPL company initiatives. Works cross-functionally with business development, I&I, capital, finance, marketing, STO, compliance, legal and others as needed.
- SVP and project managers play key IAS business consulting representative on committees and working groups to bring the voice of the advisor community to everything we do. Determines business consulting appropriate role and engagement in execution of LPL initiatives.
- Owns and delivers monthly performance summaries for IAS BC to NSC leadership and across the business where appropriate. Includes facilitating monthly commentary calls, preparing monthly performance story decks, and one team monthly calls.
- Plays a key role with other NSC Enablement leaders to ensure consistent approaches both inside and outside NSC on communications, tools development, training, sales force automation and others key areas of enablement. Co-lead on all NSC collaboration efforts to drive team performance.
- Prepares and maintains on-boarding program for all new and existing IAS business consultants to ensure consistent standards and ways of consulting across our advisor community.
- Builds and maintains business consulting Playbooks that align with the Pillars of Consultation, including consultant guides, advisor facing collateral and discussion checklists/manuals. Working with subject matter expert teams to ensure content is current, accurate and deep enough by Pillar for consultants to have meaningful discussions that add value before passing to subject matter expert teams to execute on agreement next steps. This will include, but not be exclusive of, succession planning, acquisitions, advisor recruiting, lead generation, affiliation models and more.
- Facilitates all team internal meetings, both in person and virtual, including annual national sales planning support.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, sales, marketing or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years business management experience at a national company.
- Finance industry experience preferred, with focus on customer facing roles and organizations.
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience preferred.
- Project management experience preferred.
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: excel, powerpoint required
- Client centric mid-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually inprove th end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.