LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Senior Vice President, Finance, leads the financial planning and analysis function for multiple operating divisions at LPL Financial. The SVP serves as a critical business partner for senior executives and develops and executes the financial strategies to maximize business partner and firm success. Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Financial Planning and Analysis, this role leads a team of finance professionals that manage budgeting, forecasting, and decision support for their respective divisions. Our mission within Finance is to partner with the business to surface fact-based insights and analysis to enable decision-making to improve operating performance, invest for growth, and enhance profitability.
The SVP and their team will serve as an advisor and consultant to the Managing Directors and their direct leadership teams.
- Leadership for Divisional Financial Management and Operating Performance
- Develop divisional financial strategy in partnership with the Managing Directors
- Lead the annual planning and ongoing forecasting processes for revenue, expense, and capital investment
- Direct business analytics to uncover new insights, improve quality, drive productivity or enhance operating performance
- Lead divisional management through trade-off discussions to optimize resource allocation and maximize business outcomes
- Direct the evolution of driver-based modeling to support long-term planning and uncover operating insights that contribute to performance improvement
- Partner with executive leadership to drive growth and support new investment
- Active partner in analyzing and developing divisional initiatives to support LPL’s corporate strategy and the firm’s growth objectives
- Oversee business case development to support investment decisions, insure strategic fit, define measures of success, and quantify trade-offs
- Develop measurement and benefits harvesting processes to insure investment returns are realized
- Manage and Develop a team of finance professionals to be the best in the industry
- Coach and develop a team of vice presidents, associate vice presidents, and analysts to build thoughtful analyses that produce recommendations to enhance business performance
- Challenge the team to think creatively, drive for excellence, and seek better outcomes for our clients
- Collaborate with Finance leadership to strengthen and enhance team engagement, focusing on people, systems, and process
- Provide mentorship to emerging leaders within the Finance organization
- Support Divisions and Finance with development of presentations for the board of directors and the LPL Executive Leadership Team
- Lead and/or participate in cross-functional teams as necessary to solve business challenges or implement new programs
- Lead the integration of enhanced operational driver modeling within our financial planning and forecasting models
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- Expert proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong executive presence, communication and presentation skills
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience working as a business unit CFO or similar role with frequent senior executive and c-level interaction
- Significant experience with operational financial management, business partnership, financial and operational modeling concepts and design, business model evolution, and strategic executive communication
- Strong analytical background with demonstrated success influencing using data
- Experience managing and motivating a team
- Financial Planning or Strategy experience preferred
- Financial Services Industry Experience preferred
- Aspirational leader that can create followership
- Ability to design and execute a compelling vision
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, especially for senior leadership or board-level communications
- Strong operational skill set complimented by business and financial acumen
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel, Powerpoint required
- Client centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.