SVP, Head of Technology PMOApply Job ID: R-006441 Date posted: 04/02/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
As the Senior Vice President and Head of the Technology Portfolio Management Office (PMO), you will be responsible for leading and executing the Technology portfolio.
You will oversee project and program management disciplines to include, SDLC methodology, governance and processes, portfolio financials, PMO resources and operational support functions related to vendor management, processes and governance of SOW contractors across Technology, enterprise-wide vision for PPM tool, Planview, as well as day-to-day support.
As the successful candidate, you will possess a solid general management capability with skills in the following areas; strategy, operational excellence, collaboration and innovation. You will also be an experienced developer of talent with a solid track record of recruiting, developing and retaining talented and capable resources, utilizing a combination of in-house, external and outsourced resources. Additionally, you will establish and maintain cross-functional alignment to ensure a consistent and rational approach to delivering results through prioritization, staff and execution of technology portfolio.
- Lead team of 50+ portfolio/program and project manager and support resources
- Develop and implement consistent methods for portfolio delivery, team structure, financial management, risk management, portfolio/program/project reviews, escalation processes, business case development and cross-functional team leadership
- Oversees all aspects of project management including internal development, implementation, and or integration of third-party applications
- Responsible for development of, and adherence to a standard methodology for programs/projects
- Support the preparation of the organization’s strategic planning and Investment Planning processes
- Communication and drive adoption and alignment of standards, policies, and procedures across the organization
- Lead change management efforts to develop a culture of continuous improvement, accountability and bias for action to aid in the execution and delivery of projects
- Define and implement the utilization portfolio/program/project performance metrics (KPIs) and indicators for progress utilizing metrics to provide a datacentric view of PMO performance and to direct ongoing improvement efforts that will impact outcomes
- Partner with functional leadership to ensure appropriate resource planning, execution, visibility and tracking of portfolio
- Identify and deploy new technologies, methodologies and techniques that can benefit the organization in how the portfolio is delivered
- Develop effective training tools for portfolio leads, program and project managers and functional core team members
- Perform all other essential duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Technical field or appropriate field of study is required; Master's Degree preferred
- Minimum of 15-20 years cross functional program/project experience, with a demonstrated track record of execution bringing product from concept through market release is required
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Financial Services and/or Wealth Management/Broker Dealer is required
- Minimum of 10 years experience managing and developing people is required
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with varied stakeholders (e.g. business, technical executives) are essential
- Must be team player who thrives on working collaboratively and skilled at influencing
- Must be detail oriented; highly organized and thorough
- Must have keen sense of time management with competing priorities and master of multi-tasking in changing environment
- Must be avid problem solver with proven ability to make timely decisions while dealing with ambiguity
- Demonstrated knowledge of managing large budget & financials, including understanding impacts of capitalization and operating expenses
- Demonstrated leadership ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.