SVP, Infrastructure Solutions EngineeringApply Job ID: R-002382 Date posted: 03/06/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire an SVP, Infrastructure Solutions Engineering within the Infrastructure and Operations department of the overall Technology Team. This role leads a team focused on working collaboratively with Technology and business teams to ensure that IT services are engineered and built to a standard of availability and performance that enables our clients and home office users to perform their business functions.
The SVP, Infrastructure Solutions Engineering will have the leadership skills, technical infrastructure expertise, communication skills and collaborative approach to provide infrastructure solutions aligned with LPL corporate initiatives. This position will play a key role in working with Enterprise Architecture and providing innovative solutions to provide increase levels of higher availability, agility, and elasticity.
- Develop and lead the Infrastructure Solutions Engineering team to be a high performing customer-focused technology team that executes well and provides thought leadership in the infrastructure engineering space leading to robust solutions for production operations.
- Provide engineering, design, and implementation of high availability solutions across critical data delivery
- Provide engineering, design, and implementation of infrastructure including Cloud providers for IaaS, PaaS, containerization, and evolving technologies.
- Maintain strong knowledge of emerging technologies and drive innovation.
- Develop agile approach to infrastructure to enable rapid prototyping of new capabilities.
- Work closely with the DR team to ensure successful technical failover as part of our disaster recovery program. Drive solutions that enable data center failover on regular basis by application grouping for maintenance or restoring service.
- Ensure proper Platform Management of the infrastructure environment including, patching, lifecycle management, performance and capacity, exception monitoring, and scheduled component failover testing
- Participate in and/or lead large initiatives across Technology
- Independently drive performance and efficiency improvements within assigned scope and across the technology organization
- Ensure the operational readiness and manageability of the overall infrastructure working in conjunction with the Operations team.
- Lead Tier 3 support, managing Critical issues to resolution and adjusting to priority requests to support the Business per IT Operational Procedures
- Overall people management of the Infrastructure Solutions Engineering Team, including performance management, feedback, career development, mentor counseling, and resource management
- Oversee the Service/Contract/SLA for technology providers
- Interface with vendors and partners to ensure security is maintained and integrated into all equipment and software
- Provide support to remote sites as needed
- Coordinate with the Procurement team for purchasing and vendor contracts
- Build strong customer / stakeholder relationships across Infrastructure, Operations, Information Security, application teams and third-party service providers to optimize resiliency efforts.
- Conduct root cause analysis/post mortem meetings after impactful incidents for lessons learned and preventive recurrence.
- Integrate reports, key performance indicators (KPIs), metrics packages and related information for IT leadership and senior management.
- On call 24/7/365, ensuring fast and effective 24x7 support for assigned technologies with excellent vendor access and escalation
- 15+ years’ experience in increasing levels of responsibility managing infrastructure technology, preferably in professional services and/or financial services industry providing high-performing, high availability solutions in a global enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field. Masters in Information Technology (Preferred)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with data center infrastructure, databases, virtualization, budget management, project management, vendor management, security.
- Experience designing and implementing data center related solutions for servers (Cisco UCS, x86, Blade Servers), operating system support (Windows, Linux and VMWare), and databases (SQL, Oracle.)
- Expertise utilizing cloud technologies and driving innovation
- Working knowledge of converged infrastructure, operating system and storage technology
- Experience in vendor selection and contractor management
- Self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Understands and effectively articulates the implications and impact that proposed architectural changes will have to the business (to technical and non-technical audiences).
- Ability to work in a team environment and foster client relationships.
- Strong technical knowledge of IT systems and architecture.
- 10+ years of experience managing complex projects.
- Ability to shape a strategic vision, drive execution and lead change.
- Positive influencing skills both verbally and through the preparation of written materials in order to build relationships, influence and negotiate.
- Ability to deliver presentations to executive leadership.
- Outstanding leadership and motivational skills to ensure that technology solutions continuously meet the evolving needs of the business.
- Demonstrated ability to build bench strength and to delegate authority.
- Motivated by the long term. Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Ability to influence personnel that are not within their direct organization matrix.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent initiatives and drive projects to completion.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with other teams across the organization, working effectively to achieve results.
- The ability to think holistically about processes that impact clients, and to continuously refine those processes, making it easier for clients to accomplish their daily business
- A passion for improving processes so they can be followed easily and lead to excellent results
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.