SVP, Internal Sales Manager, Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-006496 Date posted: 04/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is currently looking for a Senior Vice President to manage the National Inside Sales team for Business Development. As the SVP, you will lead an elite team of both inside sales professionals and-cold callers who are focused on recruiting Financial Advisors to the LPL platform. In addition to the day-to-day responsibility of managing the team, you will also develop and execute key strategic initiatives that will help us target, attract, and win new business.
The Senior Vice President must be skilled and experienced with engaging in high-level strategic discussions with Advisors and executive teams. As the successful candidate, you will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the areas of sales management, process improvement, execution and transformational leadership.
- A leader who innovates and has a passion for managing people to lead LPL’s Inside Sales team of 30 employees - inside sales professionals, cold callers, and support staff
- Hire, Train, Coach and Develop – put the right team in place and provide the resources they need to excel in their jobs
- Orchestrate strategic and operational plan development, promote a culture of high performance and continuous process improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality, and drives efficiency
- Execution-oriented, utilizes ‘fact-based’ decision-making to deliver repeatable, sustainable results on key strategic initiatives within Business Development
- Serve as a strong, capable leader who is able to break down obstacles and drive outcomes
- Responsible for creating a ‘client-centric’ mindset that can be felt throughout the prospective client experience, including Home Office Visits
- Be a strategic thought leader and major business partner on behalf of Business Development with Marketing, Business Transitions Partners, Finance, Compliance, etc.
- 40% travel required
Qualifications, Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or equivalent graduate degree a plus
- Series 7, 66, 24 preferred
- 10+ years of Sales Management experience
- 15+ years of successful sales experience within the financial services industry
- Experience working for a Broker Dealer, Wirehouse, or Custodian
- Successful track record managing an Inside Sales team
- Training and experience with Miller Heiman process a plus
Skills & Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in general management; expertise in building, leading, and coaching high performing sales teams
- Operate in a team environment with a focus on employee satisfaction
- Ability to manage and lead a geographically dispersed team effectively in dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization through daily interaction with LPL Financial Advisors, as well as Senior and Executive Management across LPL
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues; structuring and execution of analysis; development of actionable recommendations; and implementation of those recommendations
- Ability to articulate issues with a balance that accurately reflects the importance and materiality of each, with candor and without exaggeration
- Self-reliant, expert problem solver, results oriented
- Holds oneself and team accountable for decisions, direction and deadlines
- Knowledge of the institutional sales process
- Consultative selling skills and superior negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of current competition, its people, and products
- Strong knowledge of Salesforce, PowerPoint, Word, Excel
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.