SVP, Investor ExperienceApply Job ID: R-002408 Date posted: 03/05/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The SVP, Investor Experience is responsible for providing the perspective of our end investors (the clients of our advisors) across all areas to drive great outcomes and deliverables for those investors that must be delivered primarily through our advisors.
The SVP of Investor Experience will understand how not only our competitors, but also other service providers are setting investors’ expectations around service and personalization. They will then need to leverage this knowledge to interact with our advisors to determine what they believe they need to best support their investors/clients within their businesses. Finally, this role will work with internal business partners to deliver on the advisors’ requests, ensure our investors have great communications, delivery methods (portals, apps, etc.), and offerings.
- Leads the development of plans to deliver a superior experience to our investors. These plans must effectively recognize the role and opinions of the advisors who serve these investors (their clients) since we do not have a direct relationship with these investors.
- Leads a cross-functional team in a process-driven manner to ensure continuous improvements in the investor experience—to insure accomplishments of smaller items while larger projects are underway. Bring discipline and rigor to the team so that the team’s impact can be measured and tied back to strategic business objectives.
- Work with key partners to create strong solutions and ultimately drive outcomes. This role resides within the business side of LPL and must partner with a variety of internal teams to ensure timely, compliant, and effective delivery of communications, technology solutions, and other items.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree a plus
- 15 years of experience with end client/investor-related work, and ideally some experience in a B to B to C capacity
- Experience in financial services or with advisors is preferred
- Strong leadership and team change management experience
- The ability to work in a cross-functional team without direct reporting lines
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral, with ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization and serves as the recognized subject matter expert
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence senior leaders
- Ability to create a strategy/plan that articulates that incorporates a business’s vision
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities and evaluate results against established objectives
- Actively anticipates, identifies and manages risks within position scope and at the company
- Expert consensus builder who drives change across initiatives within and outside direct accountability and evaluates solutions to the most complex business challenges.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.