SVP, IT Internal AuditApply Job ID: R-001751 Date posted: 11/06/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
This position reports directly to the EVP, Chief Audit Executive (CAE). The CAE reports directly to the Audit Committee of LPL Financial and administratively to the CFO.
The SVP, Information Technology (IT) Internal Audit works very closely with the Technology Department senior leadership as well as other key leaders across the firm. The SVP IT internal audit also works closely with LPL’s external auditor, Deloitte & Touche (D&T).
The SVP IT Internal Audit is responsible for leading several internal audits each year of select areas under the control of our Technology and Compliance groups and working collaboratively with the SVP of Finance and Operations Internal Audit and SVP Compliance Internal Audit on the technology components of audits within their areas. The internal audit department performs the Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing on behalf of management. In addition, the internal audit department performs most of the testing in support of D&T’s annual SOC 1 (System and Organization Controls), FICCA and SEC Rule 17a-5 reports. Collectively these four control projects are known as the Control Report Testing Program and the SVP of IT Audit is responsible for the planning, execution and reporting of the testing of the IT controls within this Program. This individual is also directly responsible for the management of the IT component of the internal audit department, including performance management.
- Provide oversight and leadership of IT audit engagement’s planning, fieldwork, identification, development and documentation of audit issues, recommendations and their reporting.
- Acquire, develop and motivate high quality professional management and technical staff through effective recruiting, education and training, professional development, career counseling, and succession planning programs.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with senior leaders, key technology vendors, Technology leaders, and other key stakeholders. Maintain effective working relationships with all internal constituents, including business and functional leaders.
- Provide guidance, direction and leadership towards seeking efficiencies in the organization without compromising its effectiveness.
- Oversee the identification of, and evaluate risk areas, and will be responsible for developing a major portion of the Internal Audit annual audit plan.
- Ensure effective reporting of audit results, monitor business unit manager implementation of corrective risk reduction plans and actions, and follow-up to measure the success of plans and actions taken.
- Provide advice and counsel to management on complex risk management and control issues.
- Comply with reporting systems that ensure timely identification and reporting of risk and control matters and prompt/early escalation of critical issues including follow-up to resolution.
- Provide value-added services to the organization by identifying and communicating best practices focused on increasing shareholder value, working with the business to assess feasibility and cost-effectiveness.
- Effectively represent internal audit on enterprise-wide project teams, at management and board meetings, as well as to external parties and organizations.
- Work closely with internal clients and other interested parties without compromising the objectivity and independence of the audit function.
- Ensure audit test work, including documentation and reporting, is executed in accordance with department and professional standards and completed timely
- Provide other internal audit status reporting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required, and an MBA is preferred
- CPA, CIA, CISSP, PMP or CISA certification is required
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 10 year’s professional audit experience
- Experience working in a “Big 4” auditing firm
- Experience with large, diversified financial services firms; specific experience with Broker Dealers is preferred
Specifically, it is preferred that the candidate has experience in the following areas:
- Possess significant business and personal leadership skills, initiative and independent judgment and is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining effective risk based audit plans
- The principles of internal control and policy formulation
- Line of business audit strategies
- Understanding of how IT supports compliance with financial institution laws, regulations, and management programs
- Business process and controls engineering
- Ability to enhance and maintain productivity through effective organization, planning and administration of audit activities
- Demonstrated advanced ability to assess the relevancy of audit findings, identify root causes of systemic control weaknesses rather than symptoms, identify potential risk exposures and their materiality, spot improving or deteriorating trends, and assign fair and appropriate risk ratings at the completion of audits
- Strong ability to establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with external parties, including external auditors, regulators and consultants
- Demonstrated experience and success at articulating a strategic vision, driving critical decision making, influencing and inspiring others, and getting results
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.