SVP, Managed AccountsApply Job ID: R-014819 Date posted: 05/17/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Senior Vice President of Managed Accounts leads trading, service and operations for LPL Financial's Centrally Managed Platforms, with offerings including Unified Managed Account (UMA), Separately Managed Account (SMA) and MF/ETF wrap platforms.
As part of the Trading senior leadership team, the SVP will be responsible for both day-to-day business management and strategic leadership of the Overlay Portfolio Management Group (OPMG). With broad responsibility for centrally managed platform execution, the SVP will deliver value to advisors and their clients through the leadership and ongoing development of teams responsible for overlay trading, advisor service delivery and operational execution.
The SVP will also partner closely with Investor & Investment Solutions, Technology, third party providers and other key stakeholders to deliver a leading product offering for advisors. As such, the individual must possess a blend of leadership capabilities to develop talent and deliver operational excellence, while also building strong partnerships to successfully deliver a compelling product roadmap.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement to deliver operational efficiency, trading accuracy and service excellence
- Develop deep, productive partnerships across the organization to deliver leading managed account solutions
- Create and implement a successful framework for managing change in a fast-paced environment
- Champion new ideas and initiatives, creating an culture that supports innovation and excellence
- Attract and retain talent to deliver excellence in both day-to-day execution and delivery of ongoing product roadmap
- Present complex topics for discussion across multiple functions and adeptly speak to multiple sides of issues in order to drive informed decision making
- Create business metrics and accountabilities that align to key company objectives and provide leaders and associates with a clear vision for success
- Build business plans, action steps, and timetables for projects; prepare realistic estimates of budget, staff, and other resources
- Liaise with our business leaders, colleagues and customers to deliver a service model that not only satisfies but delights advisors and builds loyalty
- Drive associate engagement and manager effectiveness by maintaining a rewarding, high performance team culture
- Demonstrate or develop deep knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
- Review customer feedback trends to identify and implement changes needed to improve the overall offering and customer experience
- Develop team capabilities to effectively translate high level business directives into operational procedures
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 4 year college degree (Business, Finance preferred)
- 5-10 years executive leadership experience
- 10-15 years total industry experience
- Series 7, 63/66 required and 24 required
- Large team management experience required
- Managed accounts / overlay management leadership experience required
- Track record of achievement in delivering large, complex projects and influencing business outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, recruit and retain strong leaders
- Knowledgeable on the advisory landscape, managed accounts and future state platforms including familiarity with competition (broker-dealers, RIA custodians, TAMPs, etc.)
- Skilled change management driver with an ability to drive complex initiatives through cross-functional teams and partnerships
- Excellent relationship development and executive leadership skills required
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Strategic Agility: Approaches strategy with an entrepreneurial mindset. Uses critical thinking to increase the value proposition that translates into market advantages.
- Problem solving and Decision making: Focuses on customer-centric process that frames the right hypothesis. Uses human-centric design thinking to work back from the customer experience. Develops a fact base to inform solutions.
- Operational Execution: Develops roadmaps, milestones and operational metrics that align with anecdotal evidence. Communicates the journey and uses iterative cycles at pace to support continuous learning and improve outcomes. Sets a high bar for results through repeatable, sustainable processes.
- Talent Management: Reputation for building strong, motivated teams at scale with the ability to recruit top professionals, attract followers and develop top talent.
- Influence: Ability to collaborate internally and externally to maintain alignment on vision, strategy, and performance to goals.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.