SVP, Relationship Management - Enterprise AlliancesApply Job ID: R-017023 Date posted: 08/26/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
SVP, Relationship Management – Enterprise Alliances
Location: San Diego
Reports to: EVP, IAS Relationship Management
The Senior Vice President of Enterprise Alliances, leads a national team of seasoned relationship managers partnering with LPL’s large RIA enterprises. The Senior Vice President is responsible for LPL’s account management strategy that drives opportunities for our partners & LPL in the areas of same store sales growth, net new asset recruiting, advisor and enterprise retention, and meaningful efficiency gains through the actions of an engaged team. As a senior leader at the firm, this leadership role will engage closely with all cross functional teams especially Business Development, Wealth Management Solutions, LPL Business Solutions, Growth Solutions and our Affiliation Model Innovation & Strategy team to ensure we are delivering on short term and long term requirements for LPL to lead in the RIA market.
The Senior Vice President must be skilled and experienced with engaging in high-level strategic discussions with business owners, Advisors, and the executive teams; documenting three year strategic plans, and development execution plans to deliver on the strategy. Additionally, the SVP must understand, utilize, and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment, trends and data, and the competitive landscape to optimize results.
- Develop a team culture to retain, develop and grow engaged employees
- Creating 3-year strategic plans and department goals, as part of LPL’s OKR culture.
- Frequently evaluating team’s results to ensure that departmental and organizational objectives are met and are in line with the needs and mission of the organization
- Presents strategic account plans to LPL’s Management Committee & CEO on a regular basis to inform firm-wide investment requirements and decision making to lead in the enterprise & RIA market.
- Collaborates with the Affiliation Innovation and Strategy team to provide insights and requirements for our enterprise & RIA offering at LPL
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase Enterprise satisfaction, retention, efficiency, and same store sales growth
- Manage retention risk of Enterprises through LPL and Industry evolution, and builds long term partnership with clients
- Examine trends, develop insights, and create solutions in order to better support Enterprises
- Strong executive presence with the ability to interact with and influence LPL Senior Management
- Partnering with conference services to deliver exceptional live events
- Contribute to special RIA related projects on behalf of the relationship management organization that impact our enterprise & RIA relationships
- Works closely with business intelligence and analytics organizations to create a data-driven, insight-rich culture for relationship managers that drives action and decisions making to help clients.
- Works closely with the salesforce automation team member(s) to ensure relationship manager needs are properly communicated and considered to drive high level of tool adoption and usage.
- Manages engagement activities and initiatives that are inclusive of, but not exclusive of, client workshops, learning groups, client events, advisory board engagement and market meetings.
- Owns and delivers employee talent development and management including department budget, operations, career development that drives high levels of engagement across the firm.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Management, or related field
- MBA, or other advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in financial services, preferably in a sales or client service/relationship management function
- Deep understanding of Advisor, and Enterprise economic drivers
- Leadership experience, managing others in a client/relationship management function
- In-depth understanding of the RIA channel, including key competitors
- In-depth understanding of the Custodian space, including key competitors, and ability to apply knowledge to help coordinate the RIA strategy and RIA portfolio execution across the firm
- Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
- Proven leadership experience during times of accelerated change
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and production of strategy documents
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to outperform and navigate high pressure situations
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
- Ability identify, influence, and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Up to 25% travel anticipated
- Flexible and adaptable to change, and thrives in an ambiguous environment that is constantly evolving
- Proven people leadership & management track record
- Excellent executive level oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel, PowerPoint required
- Past experience and proficiency with CRM tools, Salesforce preferred
- Client centric mid-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.