SVP, Strategy & Partners, Enterprise SalesApply Job ID: R-015960 Date posted: 07/06/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you enjoy strategizing on how to approach large opportunities and thinking creatively about how to effectively move them through the pipeline? Are you passionate about adding value, improving processes/systems, and developing capabilities to help clients reach their growth aspirations? Do you have a successful track record and prior experience coaching, managing, and/or leading a team? Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial is one of the nation's leading financial services companies and a publicly traded company under ticker symbol LPLA. We support over 18,000 financial professionals—including over 14,000 independent advisors, more than 700 financial institutions, and over 4,000 institutional clearing and technology subscribers. We enable our partners to focus on their clients by reducing the complexity of running their business and we support them by offering enabling technology, comprehensive clearing and compliance services, practice management programs and training, and independent research. At LPL, we take care of our clients, so they can take care of their clients. Their success is our business.
The Enterprise Sales team in the Business Development group attracts new financial institutions, network affiliates, and small broker/dealers to the firm. This role leads two important functions that are essential to the success of the Enterprise Sales team:
- Sales Strategy – this group is focused on helping the team understand the marketplace, customize the approach for each opportunity, and engage with prospects in a professional and consultative manner.
- Partner Recruiting – this group is focused on helping our partners (financial institutions and network affiliates) grow their firms by helping them maximize the effectiveness of their business development efforts.
- Lead a team of sales professionals on the Partner Recruiting team and a team of analysts on the Sales Strategy team
- Leverage data and insights to build our knowledge around the existing segments we support and identify new segments in the marketplace to approach
- Partner with the BD leadership team on the continued evolution of LPL’s offering and capabilities to establish ourselves as the leading solution in the market
- Design, experiment, and test new approaches to attract new business to the firm
- Effectively leverage data to track key program performance indicators, identify trends, and ensure projects and programs align to company priorities
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field of study from an accredited college or university
- 10+ years of experience in the financial services industry, with a high level of proficiency in the broker/dealer marketplace
- Desire to be part of an entrepreneurial team and an ability to succeed within a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Enthusiastic, polished, professional demeanor
- Ability to influence decisions and direction across the organization
- Superior verbal, written, and listening skills, with an ability to adapt to different audiences
- Consultative and relationship building skills a must
- Team-player with a positive "can-do" attitude
- Previous experience partnering with cross-functional teams and business leaders to manage, execute, and implement strategies that you designed
- Strong familiarity with the MS Office suite and Salesforce
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.