Corporate Strategy & New Ventures is seeking a talented Senior Vice President to join the Corporate Strategy team.
The Corporate Strategy team operates as an internal strategy consulting firm, working on a project basis to address topics at the top of senior leader agendas for all businesses at LPL. Typical projects focus on growth strategy, market entry, and new ways of operating, with a goal to deliver significant impact in a 3-10 year time horizon. Projects are typically team-based, with 2-4 team members plus business functional experts, and span 4-12 weeks. The nature of the work provides excellent opportunities to interact and collaborate with senior executives and cross-functional business partners and explore various parts of our business. The Corporate Strategy organization is viewed as a source for top talent: alumni have taken significant leadership roles throughout the firm.
The Senior Vice President role presents an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to
- Partner with the CEO and management committee as an objective thought partner to influence the strategic agenda of the firm
- Develop transformative strategies to positively impact the future of the firm and the industry
- Lead multiple project teams, solving the most important problems for the company
- Advance their career at a high growth Fortune 500 financial institution
Key responsibilities include:
- Establish relationships with stakeholders to understand key problems facing the organization which Corporate Strategy can help to solve, yielding initiatives for the team to lead
- Maintain a perspective and point of view on key challenges facing the business to drive the strategic agenda for the firm
- Lead and drive all aspects of 2-4 strategic consulting projects at any given time, providing executive-level guidance to the team, based on deep knowledge of consulting processes and the financial services industry
- Develop the approach to deliver the project, including staffing, timelines, deliverables, and cadence to update leadership
- Manage VPs, AVPs, and Senior Analysts and provide mentoring and feedback to support their career progression
- 10+ years of experience in management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, corporate development, private equity or similar roles with 3-5+ years of experience managing teams (with or without direct reporting relationships)
- Proven ability to structure and scope a problem and determine the analytical approach to identify solutions
- Intellectual curiosity and agility; demonstrated ability to develop subject matter expertise on complex topics quickly
- Strong client management skills: ability to communicate, present, build consensus, and influence at an executive level
- High “EQ” and ability to work across levels of an organization, with a desire to mentor junior team members and create followership
- Advanced MS Power Point and Excel; able to build visually compelling presentations for executives
- MBA or an advanced business degree from a top-tier university and financial services industry experience preferred
The salary range is dependent on a number of factors, including the applicant’s skill, experience, and work location.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.