SVP, West Division Manager, Business DevelopmentApply Job ID: R-003820 Date posted: 07/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
- Manage an elite team of sales professionals / external recruiters. Hiring, Training, Coaching and Developing: Putting the right team in place and giving salespeople the tools and resources they need to excel in their jobs
- Serve as strong leader who is able to break down obstacles, and who is able to scale and drive opportunities to the recruiters
- Set strategic sales direction and build an elite sales culture
- Provide sales support for large complex deals, working through long sales cycles and multiple buying influences
- Build relationships and partner across the organization – with marketing, transition partners, finance, compliance and other key areas of the firm
- Meet with key clients and key prospects; ~ 50% travel required
Qualifications, Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree required. Advanced industry certification (e.g CFP, CFA, CIMA) and/or MBA or equivalent graduate degree preferred.
- 5+ years of Sales Management experience
- 15+ years of successful sales experience within the financial services industry
- Experience working for a broker dealer, wirehouse and/or custodian
- Successful track record of managing and closing complex sales
- Securities Licenses: Series 7 in good standing
- Training and experience with Miller Heiman process a plus
Skills and Knowledge:
- Demonstrated experience in general management; building, leading, and coaching high performing sales teams. Experience leading teams of recruiters, recruiting top tier financial advisors, a plus.
- Knowledge of the institutional sales process - consultative selling is a prerequisite for the position
- Strong understanding of current competition, its people and products. Someone who stays on top of the local and national economy and financial markets activity
- A solid network and strong connections across the industry
- Ability to influence decisions and direction across the organization
- Ability to build strong professional relationships throughout LPL
- Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Experience and skill working at the executive level
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.