Tax InternApply Job ID: R-007086 Date posted: 07/09/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Tax Intern works as part of the Corporate Tax Department to prepare federal, state & local tax returns and assist in the preparation of the tax provision work papers in accordance with the Internal Revenue Code (“IRC”) and all applicable tax laws.
- Assist in the preparation of the compliance filing of all federal, state and local tax returns and related estimated tax payments
- Assist in the preparation of transactional tax returns
- Assist in preparing M-1 and M-3 calculations along with other various tax return related calculations and support
- Assist in preparation of book and tax reconciliations of Fixed and Intangible Assets
- Compile and organize state and city apportionment information for state income tax returns
- Perform tax research to determine the proper tax treatment when needed and maintain current knowledge of evolving tax laws.
- Assist in the resolution of tax notices from federal, state and local taxing authorities
- Assist/complete special projects and/or reports as requested by management
- Maintain confidentiality of financial information
- Assist in the preparation of the tax provision work papers
- Assist in gathering the supporting information for the tax accounts each quarter
- Reconcile tax receivables and over-payments each quarter
- Follow all policies and procedures to comply with the requirements of the Sarbanes Oxley Act
- Student working towards a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other field with equivalent college credits in Accounting (such as another major) from an accredited College or University
- Positive attitude and demeanor
- Inquisitive and curious with a desire to learn
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.