Tax Sr AccountantApply Job ID: R-002447 Date posted: 03/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Tax Senior will be involved in all aspects of the business as it applies to federal and state income taxes, property taxes, excise taxes and sales and use taxes.
- Gather, document and assemble all the information necessary to prepare all the federal, multi-state and local income/franchise and other related tax filings.
- Insure accuracy and timeliness of corporate income, franchise and other related tax filings.
- Print, assemble and prepare for signature and mailing corporate income, franchise and other related tax filings.
- Research and documents tax issues.
- Interact with federal, state and local tax agencies to coordinate and manage general correspondence.
- Monitor new tax legislation to determine impact to the company.
- Prepare quarterly estimated tax payments and extension payments.
- Under supervision, prepare the year-end and quarterly tax provisions (ASC 740).
- Interact with outside CPA firms and other consulting resources.
- Maintain SOX compliance.
- Ad hoc requests as determined by management.
- Two to six year of corporate tax experience in a Public (Big 4) and/or private industry.
- Active CPA license.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business; Master’s degree in tax a plus.
- Professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within group settings.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Strong computer skills, including hands-on experience with a variety of accounting and tax preparation packages
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.