Technology Executive SupportApply Job ID: R-009643 Date posted: 06/03/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Charlotte.
LPL Home Office Technologies is responsible for the support, engineering, and strategy for the desktop and corporate applications that our internal employees use to better serve our Advisors and Investors. Simply put, our goal is to provide a modern computing environment that is reliable, simple to use, and flexible to individual workstyles.
The Executive Support role works directly with LPL Executive Leadership to assist in fixing, or managing to completion, technical issues or concerns. Provides white glove level of support and communication to top executes and their administrative assistants at LPL Financial.
People: Partners with and helps support our #1 asset, our people.
Works with home office technology customer care employees to grow their skills through the creation of knowledge articles, documentation, and training opportunities.
Coaching and counseling peers and support techs.
Achieves success by partnering with appropriate people on projects and activities.
Provides documentation and training for the team, to encourage growth and promotion.
Supports an inclusive work environment, including visible and non-visible diversity dimensions.
Strategy: Driving our offerings forward through strategic planning
Develop strategies to simplify our offerings, make them more cost effective, and increase the ease of doing business with our executive customers.
Integrate new technologies to improve the efficiency of our executive customers.
Deliver the Operational Plan: Execute on the basics to drive performance
Ensure and maintain system capacity plans for executives, to stay ahead of product adoption growth and provide hands on training of changes with technology or new technologies introduced.
Ensure operational stability of executive equipment, aggressively managing incident and root cause analysis processes for executive tickets.
Identify and reduce technical risks, including CyberSecurity, Operational, and Compliance related risks.
Ensure that systems are upgraded as needed, to avoid end of life issues.
Collaborate: Collaborate with others within and outside of Technology
Establish solid partnerships within and outside of Technology.
Collaborate with the users to help drive resolutions for executive team issues.
Innovation: Create new capabilities and innovate fiercely to compete.
Create new capabilities to enable our customers to be able to be more productive, with minimal friction
Drive disruption and uncover opportunities through universal truths – simplify, personalize, and drive improvements for executive technology experiences.
Test, learn, and iterate to bring new solutions to market for our executive team.
Employee Engagement: Create and sustain a culture of fully engaged employees
Listen to the executive team to gain insights for micro adjustments.
Connect the company’s strategy to the work that you do every day.
Role Specific Job Duties:
- Responsible for assuring executive team members and their administrative assistants are provided efficient and timely first and second level desktop support on a 7×24 basis
- Performs staff scheduling to ensure desktop support coverage during normal business hours and on-call support if you will not be available
- Provides executive support for administrative tasks and projects that require desktop involvement such as company moves, cutovers, weekend projects, and a variety of onboarding tasks
- Manage operations related to but not limited to executive equipment purchasing, tracking issues in an ITSM, imaging, and refreshing equipment
- Ensures that daily, weekly, and monthly statistics, and status reports for executive issues are completed and continually modified to meet the needs of the department
- Ensures that decisions made to improve the overall customer service provided by executive support team are continually developed and carried out
- Serve as the around-the-clock contact for all executive related support issues, or ensure proper coverage is in place. Provide advanced first level technology support for executives and other executive support techs.
- Ensure systems policies, processes and procedures, are documented and in place for executi8ve support members and their assistants to reference
- Management of multiple high priority initiatives in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the VP, Home Office Customer Care
Additional Required Skills:
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent customer service, written and oral skills.
- Experience working with senior executives in a high pace environment
- Self-motivated and goal driven, with the ability to multitask and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of various Windows OS and hardware for PC environments
- Knowledge of principles and terminology of networking and mobile technologies
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Active Directory Domains, corporate networks, and mobile device technology
- Knowledge and demonstrated expertise with the management and support of Microsoft Office, Office 365, and common productivity applications.
- Knowledge of wireless networking, VPN, and networking components and terminology
- Awareness of commonly used Microsoft products and services
- A minimum of 5 years support services experience in IT operations that required troubleshooting, customer service, and communication to a variety of executive level users/customers
- Experienced in supporting environments of minimum 3,000 – 5,000 end users
- Vendor and MSP management experience a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.