Trader, Fixed IncomeApply Job ID: R-006548 Date posted: 05/15/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Fixed Income Trader is responsible for supporting LPL financial advisors and their clients. This position will require the successful candidate to be the point of contact for our third party money managers and Overlay Portfolio Management Group (OPMG). Joining a close knit team of trading professionals, successful candidates are expected to provide information, education, security analysis, pricing and yield information to advisors on taxable and tax-exempt bonds.
Candidate must be able to work under limited supervision and possess a broad knowledge of functional principles, practices, and procedures in the completion of varied and moderately complex assignments. Compares alternative courses of action and makes decisions after considering options. Has wide latitude in selecting methodologies. Provides advice and recommendations to management to improve trading practices and procedures.
- Executes fixed income trades on behalf of clients, money managers, and advisors. Possesses ability to make independent pricing decisions that are compliant, fair and reasonable, and the best execution within industry standards.
- Portfolio review and construction, including the ability to build bond ladders.
- Work closely with advisors and/or money managers regarding their fixed income models.
- Monitor market news and conditions to support advisors and their clients, including familiarity with and conformance to all applicable industry and corporate rules, regulations, policies and procedures while continuously looking for opportunities to increase revenue and productivity.
- Must maintain a high level of professionalism and customer focus while working in a high volume, high stress environment.
- Must be able to prioritize, handle multiple tasks and conversations simultaneously; work independently and as part of a team with strong communication skils.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred or equivalent work experience commensurate with level
- Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years (focus in retail bond trading and sales)
- Licenses/Certifications Required/Preferred: 7 & 63 required
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred:
- MS Office – Required
- BETA – Preferred
- Bloomberg – Required
Physical Requirements: Primarily a sedentary position requiring the ability to type and take incoming phone calls.
Additional Information: Must work well with existing team, dealers on the street, advisors, trading & sales assistants, middle office and back office personnel.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.