Trader (Series 7 & 63 Req)Apply Job ID: R-002378 Date posted: 03/05/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Mutual Fund Trader will work in a call center environment taking approximately 50-70 inbound calls per day from Financial Advisors, their assistants, and their clients. Traders will make outbound calls to Advisors regarding trades and trade corrections for Mutual Funds, UIT’s and Precious Metals. Traders must be able to understand multiple products and the risks, fees, and differences between the products. Traders must also understand and be able to explain the regulatory requirements and LPL Financial policies that govern the products we support and ensure compliance with product guidelines, LPL Financial policies and regulatory requirements.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Financial Advisors, their assistants, their clients and LPL Financial internal business partners as it relates to Mutual Fund, UIT and Precious Metals trading and trade corrections.
- Accurately enter all trade orders in a timely manner without error across multiple trading platforms. (ClientWorks Online Mutual Fund Trading platform, BETA, FideliTrade, UIT sponsor online systems).
- Maintain knowledge about various products supported by the trade desk (Mutual Funds, UITs, Precious Metals, ETFs). Be able to explain the differences between the products to advisors, clients and internal business partners.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and adapt to regulatory changes. Traders must be able to explain regulatory requirements and changes in requirements to Financial Advisors, clients and internal business partners.
- Guide Financial Advisors and their assistants through LPL Financial processes and system platforms as they relate to Mutual Fund, UIT and Precious Metals trading and trade corrections. Assist with system and operational issues as well as assisting with system enhancements and upgrades.
- Support internal business partners with executing trades (Transfers, Managed Platforms, Research, etc).
- Ensure contingency plans are in place to support system outages (including processing large volumes of trades via macro processing into our backend trading system).
- Provide advisors with information regarding sales and ticket charges, fund eligibility and LPL Financial processes as they relate to Mutual Fund, UIT, and Precious Metals Trading and Trade Corrections.
- Complete principal review of Mutual Fund and UIT trade processing to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (including breakpoint review, large trade review and after hours trading review).
- Manual data entry of UIT and Precious Metals trade at the end of each business day into the backend system.
- Collaborate with internal business partners to support system enhancements and testing, resolve escalations and adapt to process changes.
- Support intraday adjustments to mutual fund trades.
- 3 to 5 years of financial services, preferably in Trading
- Series 7 and 63 required / Series 24 preferred
- Strong MS Office skills required and Beta, Morningstar, Siebel, BranchNet, and ClientWorks experience preferred
- Attention to detail
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a group setting
- Ability to work with other departments
- Ability to handle fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of Mutual Fund, UIT and Precious Metals markets
- Knowledge of trading regulations and requirements
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.