Trading ConsultantApply Job ID: R-002129 Date posted: 01/18/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Enhanced Trading Support Desk provides system support and guidance to advisors regarding all aspects of the Enhanced Trading system (including model management, trading tools, reporting functionality and rebalancing functionality). The Enhanced Trading Consultants works in an inbound call center environment, taking 25-45 calls per day. The Enhanced Trading Consultant must have an in-depth understanding of the equity, option and mutual fund markets and appreciates the market impact and execution complexity of large trades. The consultant must possess strong technical and analytical skills in order to be able to consult advisors on the best way to leverage the system capabilities to obtain their desired result and to provide technical and testing support for system enhancements, potential system defects as well as stability incidents. In addition, strong customer service skills are required. The Enhanced Trading Support Desk collaborates with multiple internal departments including but not limited to, trading desks, training department and Technology business partners.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Financial Advisors and their assistants as it relates to functionality within the Enhanced Trading System. Assist advisor offices as they adopt new trading technology and incorporate rebalancing into their practices.
- Maintain strong knowledge about equity, option, ETP and mutual fund products, the markets, and a strong understanding of market impact and execution complexities of large trades. In addition, must maintain strong knowledge of Enhanced Trading System capabilities and rebalancing methodologies.
- Possesses expert level technical knowledge of the Enhanced Trading system capabilities and rebalancing methodologies to be able to provide initial investigation and reporting to Technology Departments regarding potential system defects and issues. Provide support for needed system enhancements to continue development of the platform, assist with prioritization and research to drive resolution of defects and enhancement requests and perform production validation once defect fixes have been implemented
- Support data reconciliation of open orders in Enhanced Trading System in comparison to other LPL trade data platforms.
- Provide input and feedback to assist training department with creating resources to assist advisors adopt and utilize the Enhanced Trading System.
- Series 7 license required.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.