Transition Support PartnerApply Job ID: R-001474 Date posted: 12/29/2017 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill
The Transition Support Partner (TSP) works directly with independent and institutional recruits that are transitioning their practice to LPL Financial. The Transition Support Partner’s core responsibilities will be to provide training and education on LPL’s technology and operational processes, showcase LPL’s technology to new recruits, and assist with repapering support as needed in an effort to increase advisor ramp and productivity.
The TSP should display a full understanding of the unique advisor needs and possess an entrepreneurial spirit to provide support of the various LPL technology offerings, features and benefits. The TSP is the subject matter expert and must demonstrate a high level of LPL technical knowledge, professionalism, and excellent communication skills.
- Training and Education - Provide a combination of virtual and onsite training support to independent and institutional recruits, new advisors and their staff in an effort to educate them on LPL’s technology and operational processes in order to increase their productivity and proficiency. Training may be conducted virtually and onsite in an advisor’s office. Training will focus primarily on LPL’s core technology to include: BranchNet and Resource Center, E-Signature, Account View, Portfolio Manager, Enhanced Trading and Rebalancing.
- Technology Demos – Showcase LPL’s premier technology tools during the sales process and demonstrate how LPL’s technology can create efficiency and drive growth for an advisor’s practice. Technology demonstrations may be conducted virtually, onsite during recruit home office visits or in the field during recruit meetings.
- Repapering Support – Provide repapering support as needed to aid new advisors in moving their book of business to LPL Financial. Repapering support may be provided both virtually and onsite in an advisor’s office.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field
- Series 7 and 63, 65 or 66 preferred
- 3+ years of experience in Financial Services in an advisor facing role
- 1-2 years of training, business consulting, or practice management expertise in the investment services space
- Very well-versed in various lines of the business, wirehouse, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement plans
- Expert level in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Proficiency in LPL Advisor Technology preferred
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time
- Excellent communicator with sales and consultative presence
- Proficient webinar host and outstanding presentation skills
- Proactive, critical thinker with professional maturity who can self-manage
- Multi-tasker in a fast paced environment
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.