Vice President, Divisional Operations and Business ManagementApply Job ID: R-005087 Date posted: 11/14/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Vice President, Divisional Operations and Business Management
LPL Financial is seeking a vice president to act as the head of operations and business management for a new division within the firm. This position will work closely with the executive vice president responsible for the division to assist with the management of the division and its integration into the broader firm. As a member of the division’s leadership team, this individual will play a key role in driving the customer experience through the teams that report directly to this role. This individual will primarily focus on the day-to-day management of the operations and business of the organization, but be able to assist the executive leader with whatever other projects or initiatives that may arise, supported by a team of project managers. Additionally, this individual will be a leader in the integration of the new division into the broader LPL: structure, processes, and culture. Given the strategic importance of this area, and the alignment to LPL’s growth drivers, this role must be comfortable working across a broad spectrum of stakeholders including executive leaders, our advisors, and their peers across the firm.
- Key leader with direct accountability for service, support, and project management teams.
- Work closely with shared services teams across LPL (ex. human capital, finance, technology, marketing, legal) to insure the division is properly supported.
- Drive business reporting, metrics, and KPIs for the division to be shared broadly across the firm.
- Assist the division in their integration into the LPL environment and culture.
- Assist with creation and maintenance of roadmaps, timelines, and plans for all existing services and those to come.
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes.
- Action orientation and desire to roll-up sleeves, get hands dirty, and dig into the depths of the business
- Bachelor’s degree plus 10+ years’ experience in financial or technology services, management consulting, and/or strategic business development or MBA or relevant Master’s degree plus 6-8 years’ experience post-degree
- Prior management experience of people, teams, and projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Product, project, or business management experience in a senior or management role with relevant experience for the position
- Strong understanding of and experience in helping integrate an organization preferred
- Problem-solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, development of actionable recommendations and implantation of those recommendations
- Strong communication skills—both oral and written—and a strong senior executive presence
- A good balance between strategic thinking skills, insights mindset, and process
- Additional knowledge that is preferred: understanding of investment-oriented concepts (ex. Asset allocation, portfolio performance), experience working with SaaS business models, familiarity with Agile tools such as Jira, and/or proficiency using Salesforce
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 16,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 800 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission—enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans. Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, SC, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.