Vice President, Employee ExperienceApply Job ID: R-022150 Date posted: 04/26/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in leading meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a dynamic team that is working to transform and innovate? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 20,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
This VP of Employee Experience is a dynamic, experienced, and entrepreneurial professional who will harness strategic and transformational leadership with the goal of implementing a People Strategy in alignment with our Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) department transformation. The People Strategy is inclusive of Employee Experience, Culture, Learning & Development, and Strategic Change Management.
As a leader in the CLR department, you will collaborate with the organization's leadership team and key stakeholders to ensure the development and advancement of an empowered, inclusive, values-driven workplace culture, and actively plan for, address, and forecast future talent and culture needs, inclusive of change management.
The role reports to the CLR Chief of Staff and is responsible for developing a framework that will focus on ensuring employees feel valued, attracting & retaining talented employees, driving manager effectiveness, enhancing engagement, and strengthening career development within the department.
- Partner with colleagues and leaders to create, communicate, and implement programs and initiatives aligned to business strategy in the areas of employee experience, rewards & recognition, performance management, employee engagement, and career development.
- Establish appropriate and effective systems, metrics, and processes to ensure the department is able to track and report on Employee Experience Objectives and Key Results (OKRs).
- Act as a culture champion for the organization’s mission, values, and goals to drive a high-performance work environment
- Partners with Human Capital and supports integrated manager effectiveness solutions including, core learning curriculum and coaching
- Collaborate with Learning & Development and Human Capital business partners to cultivate best practices, leverage data analytics, and other solutions to drive strategies that will positively influence employee engagement
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaboratorswho can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 8-10+ years of experience across several disciplines, including, but not limited to; human capital, process improvement, project management, talent development, organizational design, performance management, and/or executive coaching
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business Administration, or other similar area of study (Master's Degree preferred)
- Experience in project/program creation, execution, and measurement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to convey the message in a way that best meets the needs of the audience (i.e., PowerPoint)
- Comfort presenting to senior leaders and external stakeholders
- Ability to develop, measure, and report program-specific OKRs
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization through daily interaction with Senior Management across LPL
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues; structuring and execution of analysis; development of actionable recommendations; and implementation of those recommendations
- Strong leadership and vision to create and sustain a culture of accountability, ownership, & delivery within the team
- Exceptional interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to work confidently across the depth and breadth of executive and senior leadership for success across the shared business objectives with focus on employee satisfaction
- Ability to think systematically and to connect strategically complex pieces of work both current and into the future
- Able to view and analyze data, looking for key trends, insights and themes, and hone in on that data set to inform decision making
- Passion to drive change across a multi-faceted organization
- Willingness and ability to continuously improve the culture and engagement programs as business and organizational needs evolve
- Seeks out, leverages and incorporates diverse perspectives; identifies new ways to approach a problem; an excellent listener who gathers data and feedback for consideration as an integral and key part of decision making
- Holds oneself and team accountable for decisions, direction and deadlines
- Mature, credible, trustworthy and comfortable in dealing with senior executives
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.