Vice President, Fraud TechnologyApply Job ID: R-002346 Date posted: 02/27/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Vice President of Fraud Technology is responsible for the implementing and sustaining technology in support of LPL Financial’s fraud program. The objective of the program is to proactively protect, prevent, detect and respond to fraudulent or potentially fraudulent behavior and activities. This will require deployment and leverage of technology and constant interaction.
The successful candidate will work closely with key stakeholders across the organization to establish, maintain and oversee technology solutions in support of LPL’s enterprise-wide fraud program.
- Establish strategic goals and objectives for the development and implementation of a strong fraud technology solutions within LPL.
- Collaborate with leaders in Compliance, Legal, Risk, Operations and Technology to develop a detailed, multi-year implementation roadmap.
- Develop the business case for technology solutions and staff required to support the overall Fraud program.
- Define strategies necessary to identify, investigate and mitigate fraudulent activities.
- Own and manage Fraud detection and prevention technology solutions.
- Lead, develop and manage team responsible for the implementation and support of Fraud technology solutions.
- Provide leadership to address key strategic initiatives and opportunities, working in collaboration with multiple functions and business channels.
- Build effective business partnerships and relationships with senior leaders across the Firm to affect change.
- Exercise sound judgment and discretion in making decisions.
- Understand the unique challenges and tremendous opportunities associated with a rapidly growing fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Continuously improve the Firm’s fraud prevention and detection controls through effective application and tuning of technology solutions.
- Be a vocal leader and innovator - challenge to the status-quo.
- Develop metrics and management reporting for the monitoring of Fraud solutions effectiveness.
- Review end-to-end processes within Operations and Compliance teams to identify requirements, gaps and potential solutions.
- Minimum Education Required: College Degree
- Minimum 15 years technology experience, with specific experience in fraud and security solutions.
- FINRA Series 99 (preferred)
- Ability to lead and motivate a cross-functional team and influence others outside of direct reporting relationship.
- Ability to interact and communicate with Executive Management across LPL.
- Ability to excel in a deadline driven, fast-paced environment, delivering quality while maintaining Firm risk posture and complying with regulatory requirements.
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues; structuring and execution of analysis; development of actionable recommendations; and implementation of those recommendations
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities to ensure deadlines are met.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.