Vice President, Information Security ArchitectApply Job ID: R-002346 Date posted: 04/06/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent brokerage firm with more than 14,000 independent financial advisors in more than 4,000 branch offices nationwide. LPL Financial has been ranked the number one broker dealer in its class consistently over the past 10 years. Financially strong and growing, its corporate offices are in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill.
LPL's Information Security team is seeking an exceptional VP, Information Security Architect to lead a security architecture and project services team. As the lead Information Security Architect at LPL, you will work side by side with our Development, Operations, Business units, and Customer Service teams to ensure our environments are secured and monitored. The right person for this role will have a broad technical information security background with a focus on detection, prevention and response to security threats.
The LPL Information Security team is a highly effective and collaborative team that support each other to deliver strategic initiatives while leveraging diverse technical backgrounds and skill sets.
If you are someone who has experience building and securing high performance environments, then we would like to meet you.
- Collaborate across teams to build and maintain creative solutions to security problems.
- Provide subject matter expertise on various technologies from network security design, configuration, authentication
- Lead team of Security Engineers in solution architecture reviews for Technology projects through being tightly integrated with LPL’s SDLC process
- Identify, design and build secure solutions that can be adopted and deployed into a highly available production environment.
- Assist Security Operations in investigating suspicious security event activity
- Proactively identify and fix security issues
- Evaluate new security technologies
- Evangelize security within LPL
- Work across teams to enhance the security posture of internal infrastructure and client-facing systems
- Perform security reviews of server / network / web application design within a virtualized environment and ensure compliance with LPL security policies and security best practices.
- Responsible for raising company-wide security awareness and monitoring information security related web sites and newsletters to stay up to date on current attacks and trends.
- Analyze potential impact of new threats and exploits, develop and implement solutions to mitigate those threats, and communicate risks to relevant business units
- At least 10 years of security architecture and 15 years of security technology engineering experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering/Information Systems or equivalent experience
- Significant experience in developing security architecture programs based in either TOGAF or SABSA
- Significant experience in developing architecture standards and the necessary architectural patterns that flow out of those standards
- Deep experience with standard security ecosystem products
- Deep experience in security automation and orchestration
- Experience in software-based networking technologies and SDN management interaction between applications and orchestration systems (API).
- Experience working with multiple operating systems, with expert level knowledge of Linux, Windows, and OS X and strong background in open source.
- Expert level experience working with and optimizing intrusion detection and SIEM tools
- Experience securing scalable web architectures and distributed systems
- Experience securing and architecting cloud based infrastructures (e.g. MS Azure, Amazon AWS and Google)
- Expert experience in evaluating and assessing security threats across a variety of environments and industries
- Technical knowledge/ coding skills in Java, Ruby and or Python
- Knowledge of SOX controls
- Must be self-driven and motivated
- Outstanding communications skills and a clear awareness of what being an effective team member entails
- Calm under pressure, and an ability to provide concise and thorough security related technical support and guidance on complex issues in a high velocity, dynamic environment.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- TOGAF or SABSA Certification
- CISSP/GIAC Certification
- Strong project management skills
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.