Vice President, Technology Strategy and CommunicationsApply Job ID: R-005632 Date posted: 02/01/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
We’re seeking an experienced writer and communicator to provide employee communications and engagement support for our Technology organization. While this role reports to the SVP of Strategy & Business Operations, you’ll closely align with the Technology leadership team to help execute communication plans for the Technology Department. In this new individual contributor role, you’ll have the opportunity to create internal communications for the Chief Information Officer and other members of the Technology Leadership Team, and serve as an internal go-to contact for Technology communication needs. You’ll ensure your projects and work align with the firm’s strategic communications plans and reflect our corporate story/messaging arc.
Communication Planning & Development (80%)
- Support Chief Information Officer and Technology leadership team executives developing strategic, effective, consistent, and relevant employee messaging in support of business unit goals and priorities, while working to drive employee engagement, productivity, and performance.
- Write, edit, and distribute clear and compelling communications for the Technology Department, including announcements and profiles, business success stories, Q&As, policy updates, town hall content, scripts, speeches and talking points, surveys, and other communications.
- Develop and coordinate miscellaneous video and audio communications for the Technology Department in alignment with the aforementioned objectives.
- Develop, support, and/or implement Technology Department communication plans.
- Follow and use Corporate Communication Department communication processes, tools, and templates designed to simplify and streamline communication activities, where appropriate.
Content Management (20%)
- Align communication messaging with our Technology intranet site.
- Partner with the Office of the CIO leadership team to develop a compelling method of storing produced content.
- Align messaging across different Technology audience groups where appropriate
Other Job Duties: (Provide details of items that are specific and unique to this position).
- Act as a subject-matter expert on communication-related operational and editorial policies and procedures.
Ensure a consistent tone and voice across all Technology Department communication materials.
Simplify complex ideas and make them relevant to stakeholders and audiences.
Leverage LPL owned multi-media channels (including web, video, social, and other media) to support company goals and reader/viewer engagement.
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communication, English, Journalism, or related field preferred)
Minimum Experience Required:
Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience focused in communication including audio/visual; financial services and/or technology communication experience a plus
- Ability to interact and collaborate well with all levels of the organization, including senior executives, as well as external partners or vendors
- A proven self-starter who is comfortable tracking and managing multiple versions of a single piece, with a strong attention to detail and proven process for content management
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, with the ability to grasp and translate complex and disparate ideas into cohesive and clear key messages delivered in a conversational tone
- Graceful under pressure, resilient, and flexible in the face of change and revisions
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to deliver quality work quickly, when needed
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.