VP, Advisor Growth Strategy (Same Store Sales Strategy)Apply Job ID: R-005437 Date posted: 03/13/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
As Vice President of Advisor Growth Strategy, you will be responsible for helping to design and develop a portfolio of new offerings to drive advisor growth within existing LPL advisor practices. You will have the opportunity to work with a senior team of executives across the organization to create the design of new offerings utilizing insights from advisors, the marketplace and competitors; develop the execution approach behind the designs; and help test and iterate on new concepts. Success in this role will be based on an individual’s ability to: proactively source market intelligence across a broad suite of advisor growth solutions; connect dots to package those insights into presentations for senior-level executives; and help drive concepts into pragmatic application and experimentation.
The ideal candidate is someone that has demonstrated success in helping to grow a business through the combination of strategy and sales and marketing, with experience in working with financial advisors preferred. The position is based in San Diego, CA.
- Support the design and development of new capabilities that drive advisor growth through market intelligence, and logic-based, outside-in thinking; examples of such capabilities could include: defining and selling into niche investor segments, an investor lead generation platform, selling into small and medium sized businesses, amongst others
- Lead primary and secondary research to provide market insights on optimal ways to design end-to-end solutions
- Package and present solution design concepts and alternatives to senior-level executives, based on logic and fact base driven approaches
- Translate design concepts into pragmatic ways of testing approaches and delivering experiments to market
- Partner with sales teams to bring strategy to operationalization / execution
- Strategic mindset, with a pragmatic lens and a bias towards action
- Intellectually curious, with strong analytical skills
- Outstanding skills in fact base development – packaging data and insights into strategic story-telling
- Experience in a sales and marketing function or organization that directly or indirectly supports financial advisors
- Enjoys unstructured problem solving and driving from broad concepts to specific solutions that can be implemented
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment; hungry, humble, and smart
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.