VP, Advisor M&A, Buyer SupportApply Job ID: R-020627 Date posted: 01/14/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , CA-Remote
VP M&A, Buyer Support, Financial Solutions
Do you have a passion for building innovative solutions and relentlessly delivering results for clients? Do you desire to positively impact thousands of financial advisors and help them realize their growth and legacy aspirations? In that case, we want to hear from you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs, and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Financial Solutions is a fast-growing division with an entrepreneurial spirit focused on delivering innovative, industry-leading services to help advisor practices grow, protect, and plan for their legacy.
LPL's Financial Solutions group is seeking a Vice President of M&A to lead and evolve its Buyer Support offerings. As the leader of Buyer Support, you will be responsible for continuously evolving M&A support for advisors and their businesses, enhancing the value proposition of professional M&A support, building a strong reputation across the industry to drive growth, delivering positive outcomes that delight our clients, partner with other leaders across LPL, and lead a group of high-performing teams.
The Buyer Support team delivers end-to-end M&A growth planning and support for LPL's 19,000+ advisors. This role is responsible for Buyer Support's overall growth and performance and delighting our clients. This role will lead LPL's Buyer Support team and report directly to the head of Financial Solutions.
Who You Are:
- You are a Strategic Thinker who can develop, as well as execute, a strategic plan.
- You are Motivated by helping people and driving value for clients.
- You are Empathetic in viewing the world through others' eyes.
- You are Analytical and base decisions on facts and well-thought-out assumptions.
- You are a great Communicator that loves to influence.
- You are Decisive at determining priorities and always organized.
- You are a hungry Learner, always looking for the next way to improve yourself and those around you.
- Provide a compelling vision and strategic roadmap
- Continuous enhance and evolve the value proposition
- Develop a positive, mission-driven, and energetic culture
- Develop a team of high-performing deal specialists and a deep bench of analyst talent
- Test, learn, and iterate on the group's services and business model
- Identify and execute on new growth opportunities
- Bring outside-in thinking to deliver industry-leading service
- Partner with groups across LPL to deliver a unified and high-quality client experience
- Support business partners in achieving their M&A focused goals
- Raise awareness about our solutions through internal and external presentations
- Project Management:
- Leverage Agile methods to breakdown complex challenges and drive solutions
- Define and accomplish measurable process enhancements
- Drive operational efficiency
- M&A and Financial Expertise:
- Be a subject matter expert in mergers and acquisitions
- Streamline and simplify M&A transactions for clients
- Solve problems creatively and proactively
- Understand M&A deal structures to provide guidance and insight
- Ensure milestones are completed and advisor expectations are met
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, or Economics (or a related discipline) preferred
- 10+ years of investment banking, corporate development, or M&A preferred
- Ability to develop strategies, translate them into initiatives, and track successful delivery
- Ability to set a compelling vision for future
- Build, mentor, and lead a team to create a culture of accountability, empowerment, and success
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to analyze data, draw insights, and make data-driven decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to synthesize complex issues and communicate into digestible messages, ability to present complex topics engagingly with partners and clients
- Ability to engage in Executive and Leadership level discussions in an informative and concise manner
- Experience structuring strategic financial transactions (M&A, capital raising, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.