VP, Advisory Platform ExecutionApply Job ID: R-011088 Date posted: 09/28/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you have an investment product management background and end-to-end executional skills that include working within an agile environment?
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This includes the product offering, pricing, platform experience, and promotional activities. This division within IIS Product Management focuses on the execution of our strategic product roadmap. Product managers in this area are responsible for understanding and executing on all business aspects of our products/platforms and must be able to work with numerous business units across the firm.
The focus of this role will focus on driving change in LPL's Advisory Programs. Initially, this will be specific to (1) managing change with respect to LPL's overlay trading services that it provides on centrally managed advisory programs and (2) as a project manager, driving change within LPL's Model Wealth Portfolios. This role will be expected to drive other large initiatives as LPL's advisory programs continue to evolve.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work through the Strategic Vision of platform evolution and relate discovery & research phases to tactical execution
- Drive change on LPL's overlay trading capabilities
- Project manage the evolution of LPL's Model Wealth Portfolios program
- Take on other advisory program initiatives from a product and project management perspective
- Partner with the:
- Risk and compliance teams with respect to investment policies and regulatory issues
- Operations and technology teams for platform experience enhancements and systematic changes
- Finance and Strategy teams on pricing
- Communication, Marketing & Adoption teams on implementation and change management
- Other product teams to expand the investment product offering and upkeep of competitive platforms
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or additional equivalent experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the financial services industry
- Knowledgeable on the advisory platform landscape, products/product trends, and industry regulation
- Experience with portfolio management, rebalancing, and trading systems is preferred
- Product management experience with evaluating decisions, execution on projects, and problem-solving
- Operates in partnership with other teams across an organization in order to maximize value add and create operational efficiencies
- Regularly builds intelligence independently, creatively problem-solves, and makes recommendations
- Must possess highly-tactical skills and the ability to execute
- Includes a strong degree of experience with Microsoft Excel, databases, and developing PowerPoint slides
- Experienced with Agile Product Management principals
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.