VP, Agile Transformation and Change ManagementApply Job ID: R-010088 Date posted: 05/27/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
This position is responsible for directing staff to ensure the coordinated implementation of STO’s (Service, Trading, Operations) agile transformation program, as well as change management activities in support of the firm’s strategic portfolio. This position is strategic in nature.
Manage all aspects of the agile transformation program to ensure the overall program is closely aligned to and directly supports the achievement of the company's strategic objectives in a professional and successful way.
Direct all change management activities across a portfolio of the most complex initiatives that span multiple lines of business and strategic partners.
- Understand the interdependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Ensure consistent use of common processes across all projects.
- Ensure the work efforts incorporate a business perspective and a technical focus to support feasibility of solutions that will deliver success in both business and technical areas.
- Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company.
- Keep management informed of key issues and changes which may impact expected business results.
- Ensure that the program goals/milestones are met and budgets are in accordance with financial goals.
- Partner with a cross-functional team to complete the firm’s agile transformation and to manage day to day change management activities.
- Analyze current state processes, identify opportunity areas and design future state processes.
- Develop and define a structure and operating model for the agile transformation and change management program that incorporates systems thinking and reinforces the Lean-Agile mindset.
- Establish and track success criteria and metrics for the program, enabling predictable value delivery.
- Act as internal quality control check for all/projects to ensure they meet client requirements.
- Mentor team members, motivate team to succeed, remove barriers to enable greater productivity, and give recognition for results.
- Act as a subject matter expert on various areas and an advocate in adopting new best practices and processes.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, and lead implementation of changes, and include feedback mechanism to support learning, enabling continuous improvement and reinforcement of desired behavioral changes.
Typical Role Definition
Possesses and applies a comprehensive knowledge of a particular field of specialization to complete complex assignments. Technical skills may cross fields. Works on complex and diverse issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Assignments will be targeted in nature initially related to agile transformation and management of change related activities, but will grow to be broad in nature and need ingenuity and originality to solve. Requires daily decision- making capabilities and actions that are not reviewed by supervisor. Operates with substantial latitude for unreviewed action or decision be responsible for a project team with a defined scope of responsibility and set of deliverables. Has influence over team members; encourages focus on ingenuity and results. Reviews progress and evaluates results. Plans and assigns personnel for a given project or task, and recommends changes in procedures. Often plays a role in high-level projects that have an impact on the company’s future direction.
Job-Specific Authority and Scope
- Generally, works without consulting their manager.
- Independent decisions are made daily.
- Examples of typical decisions without manager consultation:
- Work on issues of complex and diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires
- Evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current/future business trends
- Follow processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
Business Travel and Physical Demands
Business travel of approximately 10 or less percent yearly is expected for this position.
Office environment. No special physical demands required.
Bachelor's Degree or global equivalent in business administration or mathematics or related discipline.
- Typically, 10 or more years of related professional project management experience plus 4 or more years of professional program management experience.
Skills & Competencies
- Broad range of agile, SAFE 5.0, change management, program management, business, and leadership skills required.
- Excellent communication, presentation, written, and interpersonal skills needed to influence customers, (internal and external) and other managers.
- Proven ability to manage concurrent complex projects and prioritize delivery.
- Ability to effectively manage time and program costs through activity duration, sequencing, estimating, schedule development and control, resource planning and cost estimating and budgeting and control using program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage communications during complex program environment through communication planning, information distribution and performance reporting using formal program management practices.
- Ability to effectively manage program risk through risk identification, quantification and control using formal program management practices.
- Ability to deploy change management approaches, best practices and tools that will support the transformation introduced with complex programs.
- Ability to work in multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural teams.
- Excellent data-based decision making and quantitative analysis experience, along with product or project management experience.
- Expertise in research methods and process improvement, experience using interactive web-based systems, and the ability to work with a technical and service-oriented team of professionals are required.
- Strong communication skills are a must - including writing and presenting skills.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Leading SAFE 5.0 (preferred, not required)
- PMP (preferred, not required)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.