VP, Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-001844 Date posted: 11/17/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire a VP, Business Consulting within our Business Consulting Department based in our San Diego office. The Business Consulting team is responsible for advisor satisfaction, growth and retention of LPL top advisors and offices. The VP will be responsible for managing the SoCal territory of LPL Financial advisors and branch offices with an emphasis on managing, growing and retaining his/her advisor relationships by using proven sales strategies and tactics with an emphasis on consulting their advisors on the value, benefits and features of LPL’s platform. By developing a thorough understanding of the advisor’s businesses, the RM will be responsible for crafting effective solutions to assist them in meeting their business goals and objectives. Additionally the RM will act as the primary point of contact between his/her advisors and LPL Financial. This role will combine relationship management skills, sales skills, project management skills and business analytics to fully understand and achieve business growth, retention and satisfaction objectives.
• It is imperative that this role develops a full understanding of the advisor, their business objectives, and impact on the organization
• Represent Business Consulting in several venues and forums throughout the year • Participate in various committees providing thoughtful insight on the business rationale of their contributions
• Responsible for creating and presenting business sessions during advisor conferences and for the use of other Relationship Managers
• Lead by example in the face of changing priorities
• Create and implement a successful framework for managing potential change.
• Present complex topics for discussion across multiple functions and adeptly speak to multiple sides of issues in order to drive informed decision making
• Engage in high level strategic discussions with both advisors and the executive team
• Partner with internal and external customers on needs assessment • Integrate and direct people, practices and processes (often across multiple functions and business units) to achieve departmental goals Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Financial Services, preferably in a sales or progressive client service/relationship management role
• Series 7 and 63
• Extensive knowledge of the client segment, organization, product, industry, and end customer
• Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
• Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
• Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
• Strong oral and written communicator who is able to convey messages, inspire action and drive performance within area of accountability
• Able to translate high level business directives into operational procedures
• Participation on project teams providing the advisor point of view and making judgments and recommendations regarding timing, content, and delivery methodologies
• Budget and expense management of territory
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.