VP, Business ManagementApply Job ID: R-007577 Date posted: 10/31/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
VP Business Management:
We’re seeking an experienced professional with project management and analytical skills and a proven ability to tailor both written and verbal communications to various levels of the organization. The VP Business Management is an individual contributor role within LPL’s Service, Trading and Operations (STO) business unit. Providing executive support to the SVP, Chief of Staff, the candidate will be heavily engaged in strategic initiatives, monitoring department financials, metrics and reporting, as well as preparing content in preparation for Board of Directors level and Management Committee level discussions and presentations. The VP Business Management role is highly visible, with the opportunity to work closely with STO executive leadership and ensure the department is aligned to its operating plan.
This qualified professional has a strong bias towards action and collaboration and is the primary point of contact into the STO organization for a variety of contacts and initiatives. Exceptional organizational and multi-tasking skills are imperative. This is not an administrative role, but a collaborative, strategic and operational one. A successful candidate will effectively float between executive level strategic thinking and detailed level operational planning.
- Prepare strategic, as well as program-level presentations to executive management, including the Board of Directors and Management Committee
- Partner closely with Financial Planning & Analysis to maintain budgetary compliance, collaborating with STO business leaders to identify funding solutions for the department’s strategic needs
- Provide effective project management support and coordination for STO’s key strategic initiatives (not a pure project manager)
- Develop and maintain a regular cadence of KPIs and management reporting in support of STO’s strategic and operational priorities
- Facilitate and organize management routines such as Executive Leadership Strategic Off-sites, STO Executive Leadership Meetings, and Employee Town Hall meetings
- Provide leadership and operational execution of STO's employee, recognition and cultural transformation programs to increase employee engagement levels and adoption of our new values and behaviors
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, with the ability to grasp and translate complex and disparate ideas into cohesive and clear key messages delivered in a conversational tone
- Flourishes in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment with the ability to multi-task and effectively prioritize competing priorities - this professional is an operator who gets stuff done!
- Graceful under pressure, resilient, and flexible in the face of change and revisions
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to deliver quality work quickly, when needed
Minimum Education Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- PMP certification a plus
MBA a plus
Minimum Experience Required:
- Minimum of 8 to 10 years of experience in financial services with preferred experience in project management and/or Chief of Staff type roles; change management experience a plus
- Big 4 consulting experience a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.