VP, Compliance Risk Assessment & TestingApply Job ID: R-007967 Date posted: 10/23/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Vice President, Compliance Risk Assessment & Testing group, is responsible for administering a compliance risk assessment program, which includes the independent assessment of compliance and regulatory risks inherent in LPL’s broker-dealer and corporate investment adviser activities, as well as activities of affiliates, and assessing the effectiveness of the controls in place to mitigate those risks. In addition, this individual works in partnership with Technology and Digital Risk & Compliance, Enterprise Risk Management, and Internal Audit, to assist with or conduct test work to verify that the LPL’s supervisory system and procedures are reasonably designed and operating effectively.
This position is part of LPL's Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) organization, and supports the company in monitoring, measuring and managing the company's compliance and operational risk exposures.
- Work with compliance subject matter experts to identify, assess, and document compliance and operational risks
- Develop and execute strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of controls to mitigate compliance and operational risks
- Consult on the development of controls to address control gaps and weaknesses
- Develop risk and process taxonomies for conducting risk assessments
- Design control testing plans based an evaluation of risks and controls
- Lead exercises to map controls against the inventory of the firm’s known risks and obligations
- Contribute to testing control effectiveness
- Undergraduate degree in a related field; JD, MBA or other advanced-level degree a plus
- 8+ years Financial Services industry experience, with significant experience in compliance or risk management ; 2+ years experience conducting risk assessments preferred
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization through regular interaction with Senior and Executive Management across LPL
- Knowledge of broker-dealer and investment advisor regulatory obligations
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven environment; including ability to set a work plan and deliver timely results with excellent quality
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues; structuring and execution of analysis; development of actionable recommendations; and implementation of those recommendations
- Ability to leverage others’ expertise and experience in identifying, evaluating and mitigating risks
- Ability to work independently to drive program forward with minimal oversight
- Holds oneself and team accountable for decisions, direction, and deadlines
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.