VP Design Lead, Product Experience / User Experience / Experience Design (PX / UX / XD)Apply Job ID: R-011750 Date posted: 10/30/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Looking to help manage a team hyper-focused on designing industry-leading product experiences?
Interested in collaborating with senior management, product stakeholders, and internal business partners?
Want to assist with leading an awesome team that helps each other grow and make amazing things?
If so, let’s talk.
The Product Experience Design team at LPL Financial is looking for an exceptionally talented VP Design Lead, Product Experience / User Experience / Experience Design (PX / UX / XD) to join our team.
LPL Financial is the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer. We provide technology and services to over 17,000 financial professionals and millions of investors. Our team is growing so we can solve more wicked problems and design exceptional experiences for our customers. We need a passionate, outcome-driven, proven leader to help us successfully tackle this growth.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
You’re a natural leader skilled at managing teams, projects, and people, who advocates for users, embraces human-centered design principles, and loves delivering leading experiences through direct customer feedback. You understand industry trends, believe in identifying business and customer value early within the product process, have the ability to navigate complex organizations, and are experienced at driving to alignment on strategic plans that deliver quality customer experiences.
- You engage with product stakeholders and partners to lead design thinking workshops for solving some of the industry’s most complex problems, generating buy-in, and helping to set product direction.
- You partner with teams to plan customer research, iterate on, and improve the design’s effectiveness by regularly incorporating direct customer feedback.
- You support and enable the team to create artifacts that clearly articulate the value of design and product experience, and you regularly communicate product direction with senior management and product owners.
- You create and execute plans with buy-in from senior management and product owners, while driving experience outcomes for business, product, and customers.
- You drive adoption of industry best practices, possess the ability to influence and execute on direction, have strong business acumen, and will become an SME in the products used by our customers: financial professionals and investors.
- You manage teams, projects, and designers while staying laser-focused on driving quality product experiences for our customers.
- You have 10+ years of experience utilizing customer-centered methodologies while leading the design of elegant product experiences that customers love.
- You come from a product experience (PX), user experience (UX), or experience design (XD) background. You have a strong desire to lead and support team members, partners, and product experience professionals. You always advocate for the value of good design.
- You have the ability to lead quality design outcomes within agile sprint-based environments.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.