VP, Enablement, Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-007290 Date posted: 12/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Vice President of Enablement strives to build a culture of high performing and always prepared business consultants through enablement and effectiveness practices. Leading the enablement effort to ensure the business consultant team has the proper knowledge, tools, processes, and behaviors to maximize every consulting opportunity. Brings together the people and resources necessary to provide content, training and coaching services to business consultant advisor-facing teams in a way that aligns with the customer journey. Additionally has involvement on many projects implemented within Business Consulting from conception to implementation, working closely with Business Consulting leadership and cross functional partners to improve department and firm performance through new initiatives.
- Plays a key role with other business consulting leaders to ensure consistent approaches both inside and outside Business Consulting on communications, tools development, training, sales force automation and others key areas of enablement. Lead all Business Consulting collaboration efforts to drive team performance.
- Leads a team of enablement professionals who will establish, track and monitor metrics with business consulting leaders to drive understanding of tools and programs that enable optimal performance of business consultants and relationship managers. Works closely with the operations, business intelligence and analytics organizations to create a data driven, insight rich culture for the business unit that drives action and decision making.
- Prepares and maintains on-boarding and ongoing training program for all new and existing Business Consulting employees to ensure consistent knowledge and standards of care across our department.
- Builds and maintains business consulting assets, including playbooks, guides, advisor facing collateral and discussion checklists/manuals. Working with subject matter expert teams to ensure content is current, accurate and deep enough for employees to have meaningful discussions that add value in every interaction. This will include, but not be exclusive of, succession planning, acquisitions, advisor recruiting, lead generation, affiliation models, and more.
- Leverages existing technological capabilities (i.e. SFDC) and works closely with salesforce automation team member(s) to ensure Business Consulting needs are properly communicated and considered to drive high level of tool adoption and usage.
- Represents Business Consulting on many LPL company initiatives and determines business consulting role and engagement in execution of LPL initiatives.
- Works cross-functionally with business development, D&I, capital, finance, marketing, STO, compliance, legal and others as needed.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in finance, business administration, sales, marketing or equivalent combined education or work related experience.
- Minimum of 5 years sales enablement, sales effectiveness, or business management experience at a national company
- Service industry experience preferred, with focus on business to business relationships
- Franchise or affiliate model business experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: excel, powerpoint required
- Client centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across any organization
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.