VP, Executive CommunicationApply Job ID: R-008683 Date posted: 01/30/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The VP, executive communication is responsible for shaping the voice of LPL’s CEO by crafting authentic and relatable messages for internal and external audiences and multiple media channels. Responsibilities include working closely with our president and CEO to craft compelling speeches, emails, and message points that support and articulate LPL’s strategy while creating connections with key stakeholders in a way that is reflective of the CEO’s leadership brand.
- Work closely and directly with the CEO to write and manage reviews and revisions for his speeches, remarks, talking points, emails, opinion editorials, blog entries, and other public or internal communications, ensuring the relevant strategic messaging, brand positioning, and other core goals are accomplished in each piece
- Collaborate with Creative and Digital Marketing teams on production, distribution, and syndication, stewarding the execution throughout each stage of the project
- Develop close partnerships with Product Marketing, Communication, and other core functions to develop and maintain a calendar of timely, relevant business topics and additions to/evolutions of the LPL value proposition
- Craft annual messaging plans for the CEO and curate and routinely update a library of key messages that can be used across audiences by all LPL executives as needed
- Curate a calendar of the CEO’s speaking engagements, partnering with his executive assistant to schedule all appearances and planning for the appropriate amount of advanced preparation
- Manage weekly communication reviews with the CEO, ensuring pre-read materials are distributed in advance and on schedule and capturing action items and decisions following each discussion
- Conduct independent research to support and strengthen messages and presentations
- Provide coaching and feedback on presentation delivery as needed
Minimum Education Required:
Bachelor’s degree (Marketing, Communication, English, or related field preferred)
Minimum Experience Required: (including years of experience)
Should possess 15+ years of hands-on experience working with C-suite executives and senior management creating speeches and other content for a variety of audiences; experience with other forms of storytelling a plus.
- Confidence and poise necessary to be decisive and graceful under pressure; resilient in the face of direction changes and revisions
- Strategic agility with the ability to see the big picture, anticipate future consequences and trends, use KPIs to understand what’s happening with the business and in the audience experience, and – most importantly – to understand the rationale for our business strategy and articulate it in a compelling way
- Strong business acumen, deep curiosity, and ability to learn and assimilate new information quickly
- Stellar written and oral communication skills, with the ability to grasp and translate complex and seemingly disparate ideas into cohesive and clear key messages delivered in a conversational tone
- Audience-centric; thinks back from the listener’s POV and uses techniques that will resonate (data, frameworks, speaking tips to improve likelihood of speaker and message connecting with audience)
- High standards with a passion for continuous improvement and willingness to seek, embrace, and apply feedback; great adaptability with appreciation for ongoing iteration and refining of ideas
- Detail oriented, wired for delivering on commitments
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with ability to delivery quality work on time every time
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.