VP, Finance- FP&AApply Job ID: R-007624 Date posted: 11/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL’s Financial Planning & Analysis department is seeking a talented finance leader to join our team. As a trusted business partner, you will be responsible for driving insightful analyses, forecasts, and recommendations that help our management team make informed decisions and improve the profitability of our company. The ideal candidate has a combination of strong business acumen, corporate finance knowledge, excellent communication skills, and ability to motivate and coach a team of analysts.
The FP&A group plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information. This team is integrally involved in strategic and general financial analysis including supporting growth initiatives, creating forward trend analysis, and evaluating investments using cost-benefit and return on investment models. Another primary responsibility is working with business partners across LPL to review financial results on a monthly basis, capture variance explanations, and support the forecast and budget planning processes.
The Role - Essential Functions:
- Be the primary liaison between the Finance organization and the business unit
- Oversee the delivery of compelling, accurate, and visually effective financial presentations
- Lead the budgeting and monthly forecasting process including volume metrics and recommendations for improved financial performance
- Present to and interact with all levels of management, including the CFO, the Managing Director of the business unit, and their senior leadership teams
- Coach and develop analyst team on technical and general business skills
- Build strong partnerships with colleagues in Finance and in the business units
- Enhance the overall Finance organization with meaningful participation in cross-department activities and initiatives
- Excellent communication, listening, presentation, and writing skills
- Strong financial/quantitative skills with the ability to take complex factors and create relevant, concise summaries to support finance and business unit decisions
- Organizational and time management skills to effectively operate in a fast paced environment, sometimes with incomplete information and ambiguity
- Positive attitude with a commitment to excellence and integrity
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with both finance and business professionals
- 10+ years of relevant experience; corporate finance/FP&A background is preferred
- Prior direct report management and coaching experience
- BA/BS in Finance, Business, Economics (or related discipline)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.