VP, Financial Advisor Training Program Mgr.Apply Job ID: R-001973 Date posted: 12/31/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is hiring a program manager for the newly developed Financial Advisor Training Program. The VP will own responsibility for developing and managing the program. The ideal candidate for the role will have a background in branch management, talent development and experience developing new-to-the industry advisors.
The LPL Financial Advisor Training Program will give participants an opportunity to jumpstart their career in a field that needs them. The program will consist of training, mentorship, and peer-to-peer interactions designed to position the new advisors for success.
The VP will be accountable for turning the financial advisor training program into a significant growth engine for LPL Financial.
- Oversee the development of the curriculum, curation of content, and sourcing of candidates and mentors
- Develop, integrate, and coordinate relationships with various recruiting channels and advisor communities
- Coach and develop new-to-the-industry trainees through a robust program consisting of virtual, in-person and local interactions
- Consult with established advisors to drive engagement, partnership and success of the senior and junior advisor
- Collaborate internally and externally to foster productive relationships pertinent to program delivery and execution
- Influence up and across the organization to ensure the program’s overall success
- Build relationships and engage with many leaders across LPL
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business or a related field
- 7+ years’ experience in financial services, including leadership roles in training and program management
- Experience developing a training program from concept to successful delivery and adoption
- Strong, creative-thinking and analytical skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- Series 7 and 66 licenses required, or must be obtained within 90 days; CFP® designation perferred
- PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, SalesForce, Online training delivery technologies
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.